• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Official "Land of the Rising Sun" Tournament Thread (CANCELLED)
08-20-2012, 06:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2012, 11:08 PM by Kool Kat.)
Thumbs_Up  The Official "Land of the Rising Sun" Tournament Thread (CANCELLED)
Land of the Rising Sun tourney has been cancelled. (November 12, 2012)

I am dealing with serious RL health issues with a family member that will run for the remainder of the year and maybe into 2013.

I will work with my fellow Blitz officers to award all tourney players bonus points for your participation.

Thank you for your interest.

Regards, - Mike (Kool Kat) Tourney Director

[Image: thumb_15be90b8afRising%20Sun%20Tourney%20Logo%201.jpg]

Gents: Smoke7

Tournament rules, communications, standings, and player pairs will be posted to this thread. Any player feedback should be posted to this thread. Tourney badges will be issued to all participants. In addition, a "winner" badge will be awarded to the high score winner! Smile

I'm keeping "official" rules to a minimum... because the main "objective" is to enjoy yourself and have fun! Big Grin

"Land of the Rising Sun" Tournament Rules

1. Mirror games. Each player will play each side of a scenario simultaneously.
2. Game scoring: Major Victory - 25 points. Minor Victory - 20 points. Draw - 15 points. Minor Loss - 10 points. Major Loss - 5 points.
3. Play with all scenario recommended Optional and Special rules.
4. If Optional Rules are not listed for a scenario, than all optional rules will be on, except Extreme Assault and Variable Visibility.
5. Non-combat units, and empty transport (wagons, trucks, half tracks, landing craft, etc.) can be removed from the map.
6. Non-combat and transport units cannot be used to surround, block movement, block line of sight, draw opportunity fire, or perform "recon" duties.
7. Player with highest score is the winner. In the event of a tie score, there will be a "championship" game played between the players with the two highest scores. The winner of that "championship" game will be declared the winner! There will be no "championship" game for scores other than the two highest. In the event of 2nd Place and 3rd Place tie scores, all tied score players will be awarded the appropriate bonus points for the respective second and third place finishes!
8. Tournament Bonus Points: 1st Place - 100 Points. 2nd Place - 75 points. 3rd Place - 50 points. All others - 25 points.

Rising Sun scenarios

1. Players will be paired by the tourney director (Kool Kat) and play the following H2H Approved scenarios in chronological order.

Pigi Pigi (Sep. 29, 1943
Bougainville (Nov. 7, 1943)
Sorrow on Saipan (Jun 20, 1944)
The Battle of Angaur Island (Sep 17, 1944)
The Battle of Manila (Mar 2, 1945)
Terror on Tarakan (May 7, 1945)

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2012, 01:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-30-2012, 04:15 AM by Kool Kat.)
RE: The Official "Land of the Rising Sun" Tournament Thread

Here is the current list of tourney players:

Ashcloud
Antoni Chmielowski
billk1
Amico Fritz
FScout
Scud
Jeepster777
Yossarian
Panzerjager
Charlie-66

Reserve Players

Wilhelm Klink
Warhorse

Player Pairings

Round One (Pigi Pigi - Sep 29, 1943)

Antoni Chmielowski vs. billk1 (Completed)
Scud vs. Wilhelm Klink (Completed)
Ashcloud vs. Warhorse (Completed)
Amico Fritz vs. FScout (Completed)
Jeepster777 vs. Yossarian (Completed)

Round Two (Bougainville - Nov 7, 1943)

Ashcloud vs. Antoni Chmielowski
Amico Fritz vs. Charlie-66
Panzerjager vs. Jeepster

bilk1 vs. Scud (Completed)
FScout vs. Yossarian (Completed)

Round Three (Sorrow on Saipan - Jun 20, 1944)
TBD

Round Four (The Battle of Angaur Island - Sep 17, 1944)
TBD

Round Five (The Battle of Manila - Mar 2, 1945)
TBD

Round Six (Terror on Tarakan - May 7, 1945)
TBD
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
08-21-2012, 02:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-16-2012, 09:46 PM by Kool Kat.)

Active Player standings are posted here.

Active Player Standings

(35) Antoni Chmielowski
(35) Ashcloud
(35) FScout
(35) Yossarian
(25) Jeepster777
(25) bilk1
(25) Amico Fritz
(20) Scud

Send this user an email
09-05-2012, 10:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2012, 10:43 PM by billk1.)
My games with Antoni Chmielowski are over. Antoni gained a Major Victory in one game and I gained a Major Victory in the 2nd game.
(09-05-2012, 10:35 PM)billk1 Wrote: My games with Antoni Chmielowski are over. Antoni gained a Major Victory in one game and I gained a Major Victory in the 2nd game.

Correction, I gained a Minor Victory. Both victories were gained as the Axis.
09-05-2012, 11:15 PM,
(09-05-2012, 10:35 PM)billk1 Wrote: My games with Antoni Chmielowski are over. Antoni gained a Major Victory in one game and I gained a Major Victory in the 2nd game.

Thank you gents! Smoke7

Please sit tight as we wait for the other players to complete Round One.
Send this user an email
09-06-2012, 02:40 PM,

Thanks Bill for posting this !
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
09-07-2012, 02:32 AM,
(09-06-2012, 02:40 PM)Antoni Chmielowski Wrote:

Thanks Bill for posting this !

No problem.
09-09-2012, 02:36 AM,

Please note that I have made needed terrain modifications to my Rising Sun "The Battle of Angaur Island" to encourage more historical play.

You may access and download the revised game files HERE.
Send this user an email
09-19-2012, 10:46 PM,

Please work to finish your Round One games by Sept. 30th! Smile

Reminder - Report your results to this thread.

I would like to start Round Two by the first week in October! Big Grin
Send this user an email
09-22-2012, 12:38 AM,
Wilhelm Klink reporting round 1 matches against Scud:
- playing the Allies, a Major Victory
- playing the Axis, a draw

Salute