• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Quizzes
08-15-2012, 04:29 AM,
Feedback Needed  Quizzes
I see that three of the quizzes have had no new activity in months. Are the mods going to keep those open or nuke them off?

I have not been active here for quite a while but I would love these to continue.

Getting up early in the morning and reading the newest question was always a treat. And then the frantic googling to find an answer.
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2012, 04:49 PM,
RE: Quizzes
(08-15-2012, 04:29 AM)daisy Wrote: I see that three of the quizzes have had no new activity in months. Are the mods going to keep those open or nuke them off?

I have not been active here for quite a while but I would love these to continue.

Getting up early in the morning and reading the newest question was always a treat. And then the frantic googling to find an answer.

I would also like it to stay.
Send this user an email
08-16-2012, 04:37 AM,
(08-15-2012, 04:29 AM)daisy Wrote: I see that three of the quizzes have had no new activity in months. Are the mods going to keep those open or nuke them off?

There has been a discussion about what to do with the quiz area, we have not come up with a better layout yet, the bottom line is that if no one contributes then at some point in the future we will have to ask the question if they should remain open?
08-16-2012, 04:47 AM,
I cannot argue with your point as it is of course completely valid.

I have to add however that once there were open questions there was normally at least some activity.

08-16-2012, 07:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-16-2012, 07:45 AM by Foreigner.)
Will it be asking too much of the moderators to have them "restart" a quiz with a new question after a long period of inactivity?
08-17-2012, 04:49 AM,
(08-16-2012, 07:44 AM)Foreigner Wrote: Will it be asking too much of the moderators to have them "restart" a quiz with a new question after a long period of inactivity?
Yes this is a good idea as at times a member who posts a question can then just disappear for weeks, i will ask Weasel who runs the quiz's if he could come up with a maximum time a quiz question can run for before it is declared dead and a new poster is invited to post a question on a "first come, first serve" basis?
08-17-2012, 11:45 PM,
(08-17-2012, 04:49 AM)Foul. Wrote:
(08-16-2012, 07:44 AM)Foreigner Wrote: Will it be asking too much of the moderators to have them "restart" a quiz with a new question after a long period of inactivity?
Yes this is a good idea as at times a member who posts a question can then just disappear for weeks, i will ask Weasel who runs the quiz's if he could come up with a maximum time a quiz question can run for before it is declared dead and a new poster is invited to post a question on a "first come, first serve" basis?

That would be correct procedure. Helmet Rolleyes
08-18-2012, 05:41 AM,
I was doing that myself for the two quiz sections I have been posting on, but even the answers failed to bring any response. I want to reduce the quizzes down to a single picture and a single question, I just haven't figured out how to post and redirect the board wide question yet.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha