• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMFI CO-OP-PBEM-Multiplayer System - Who wants to play?
08-09-2012, 11:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2012, 11:30 PM by Steiner14.)
New Game  CMFI CO-OP-PBEM-Multiplayer System - Who wants to play?
Hello all,

i have developed a simple rule-system and written a guide, to make co-op-PBEM-play with CM possible.

A game can be played if at mimimum 3 players (2 vs 1) are willing to participate. The system can handle up to 26 players each side.

The turn rate, thanks to a special system, should be roughly the same as in a normal 1 vs 1 battles, not strongly increasing with the number of participating players.
Administrative overhead during play: for players zero, for the commanders almost zero.

It is available here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96409796/CM%20C...-Guide.pdf

Anyone interested to try it out?
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2012, 03:25 AM,
RE: CMFI CO-OP-PBEM-Multiplayer System - Who wants to play?
Really no interest in COOP-play?
I was suspicious, that some were making way too much noise in the battlefront-forum about wanting COOP-play being offered as gamefeature, but that there is almost zero real interest even among dedicated PBEM-players, is surprising to me.
08-10-2012, 03:30 AM,
If i remember good, it used to be a similar system for CMX1 games.
It was called team game and was supported also at the ladders here.
08-10-2012, 03:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2012, 03:45 AM by Steiner14.)
Really? Never heard about it (although new here, i'm an old CM-player).
Major Cargol Wink do you know if it also used a token-system to accelerate the turn-rates or was it built on a fixed order of players making their moves?
08-10-2012, 04:59 AM,
If i recall good it was more like a way of playing team battles and not really a system.
It was two teams of two players facing each other.Each player was controlling a part of the total forces,agreed with his co-player before starting the battle or if it was a QB each player had half of the total points to buy his kit.Then the first player was issuing orders and saved the file forwarding to his teammate and his teammate was issuing his orders and then pressing the go button and was sending the turn to one of his opponents and then the whole procedure was starting again.I think that if you search the CM1 forum u might find sthing .
08-10-2012, 04:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2012, 04:37 PM by rampantone.)
Hi Steiner,

I am interested in this, going to read the manual you provided and will comment further then. Think a lot of the guys are busy with the shadow of the hill tournament just entering round 2, the new Scenario of the Month event and CM:FI just being released.
08-10-2012, 07:39 PM,
Hi rampantone,
i'll be there.
08-11-2012, 02:39 AM,
Steiner this system looks great! The guide was enjoyable to read, the comments about the would be sabouteurs was funny, it looks very simple and straightforward to setup. The commander system, different parameters, discussing tactics with your comrades, this is really well done.

Hope there is some interest in this amongst the community, it would make for some memorable moments I would bet. I haven't picked up CM:FI yet but sign me up for a CM:BN/CW one, should have FI pretty soon. If this mode gains enough interest it may require its own sub-forum.

Looking forward to the developments on this, are there any AAR's from one of these battles around?
08-12-2012, 02:47 AM,
I would be interested as well. I will read the instructions and hope to participate . Hopefully enough interest is generated by other players and this can become a viable playing system..

Tim
08-13-2012, 07:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2012, 07:34 AM by Steiner14.)
(08-11-2012, 02:39 AM)rampantone Wrote: Looking forward to the developments on this, are there any AAR's from one of these battles around?
Nope. The system is brandnew. We're the guinea pigs. Wink

I would strongly recommend to play CMFI, because the new version is so much improved over CMBN.
We could also wait until CMBN 2.0 comes out, but i hope at that time we will be already within a battle.