• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Great site!
07-22-2012, 05:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-22-2012, 05:42 PM by Fhil.)
Thumbs_Up  Great site!
Gents,

I´ve found out this link saved somewhere deep in my computer. Amazing stuff on the small unit´s actionsHelmet Wink

I´ve just read an article about one KV-1 tank blocking the entire german bridgehead near Rossienie. It begins with the map 17, check it out, I must only highly recommend. There is one scenario covering Rossienie battle in the AoTR right? There are KV-1s as well I think.

Amazing how one tank was blocking German positions into extent that the Germans had to eat their emergency supplies, while trying to destroy that tank, even the mighty 88 didn´t work. I won´t reveal how it ended, check it out guys! Helmet Smile

http://allworld.startlogic.com/Small-Uni...ussia.html

I also see an article about the Capture of Balta....I´m starting to feel that some of these were used by the scenario designers
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2012, 11:26 PM,
RE: Great site!
That is a cool site, thanks for the link. :)

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

07-26-2012, 11:31 PM,
RV has a couple of scenarios from this book.
07-27-2012, 05:15 PM,
Thanks for sharing...it sucks you in...I keep finding more and more interesting articles..
07-29-2012, 07:08 AM,
(07-22-2012, 05:30 PM)Fhil Wrote: Gents,

....I´m starting to feel that some of these were used by the scenario designers

Yes, no question about that for design, initially - in fact it was because of the US Army's handbook on "Small Unit Actions on the East Front" in which Soviet Companies were labeled similar to US Companys with A Coy, B Coy, C Coy etc that the Russian OOBs ended up with A, B, C Coy in their battalions. The Russians use numbers similar to the German method; even if they used letters, the cyrillic alphabet would not have resulted in A, B, C, but A, B, G, D, Y, Z, E, T, I, etc and even then that is my corruption of the cyrillic letters into the Roman equivalent.

ASL was always a pretty good guide and the US Army "Green Book" series and Marine Corps "Maroon Books" are great sources as well.