• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzC Normandy question
07-16-2012, 02:41 AM,
PzC Normandy question
Dunno if anyone can help but i was just curious what exact time period PzC Normandy covers?

The HPS website doesn't really tell you a lot about the game....

HPS Simulations and John Tiller are proud to announce the release of Normandy '44, an operational level World War II simulation. Normandy '44 covers the D-Day invasion from June 6th 1944 and the ensuing fight to break out from the beachhead.

Normandy '44 features:

1 km hexes, 2 hour turns, with a master map measuring over 150 by 150 kilometers.

Over 1500 units represent the Allied Armies versus Army Group B at mainly battalion level.

Players control tank, reconnaissance, artillery, infantry, parachute, engineer, antitank, flak, rocket, headquarters, naval, and a wide variety of other specialized units.

Scenarios range from a series of 55 starter and intermediate historical scenarios, up to the full 250 turn campaign game.

Does it also cover actions like Operation Goodwood, the Falaise Pocket, Cobra or maybe the Hurtgen Forest!

TTFN Matt
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2012, 03:14 AM,
RE: PzC Normandy question
Hi Fubar,

The stock scenarios and campaign game cover the period of 6 - 30 June. You can download scenarios that cover Cobra, Goodwood and the Falaise Pocket here http://members.shaw.ca/gcsaunders/downloads3.html
"You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement!" - LT Aldo Raine
07-16-2012, 03:33 AM,
Many thanks mate, i'm tempted now as its available as a download game from the HPS site. :-)

TTFN
07-16-2012, 04:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-16-2012, 04:40 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
(07-16-2012, 03:14 AM)Der Landser Wrote: Hi Fubar,

The stock scenarios and campaign game cover the period of 6 - 30 June. You can download scenarios that cover Cobra, Goodwood and the Falaise Pocket here http://members.shaw.ca/gcsaunders/downloads3.html

A total of 11 Mods including these scenarios and one covering the Mortain offensive and a "what if" scenario covering a landing near Cherbourg can be downloaded from the Normandy 44 section of the Mod scenario sub forum which is located above this main forum. ;)
07-16-2012, 06:25 AM,
Thanks for the info guys, i see there are a couple of Falaise and Goodwood scenarios.....does anyone know if there are others that cover the British and the fighting to take Caen?

TTFN
07-16-2012, 12:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-16-2012, 12:35 PM by Der Landser.)
Hi Fubar,

There are 4 operations that involve Caen in one way or another, Epsom (26-30 June), Charnwood (8-9 July), Goodwood (18-20 July) and Atlantic (18-20 July). Epsom is included in the base PzC Normandy '44 game and you can download a Goodwood and a post Goodwood scenario. I haven't been able to find a stand alone Charnwood scenario and I don't know if the Goodwood scenario includes Atlantic since they took place during the same time frame. There is a 750 turn monster campaign scenario included in PzC Normandy '44 and theoretically it should include all 4 operations. You might ask if any who has played the 750 turn campaign game knows if all 4 are included.
"You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement!" - LT Aldo Raine
07-16-2012, 04:43 PM,

I played the main campaign to a German Major victory ending around July 1st, when my opponent threw in the towel. It is one of my favourite of the panzer campaign series, although it does take some time to play, and a lot of time to master the art of taking the bunkers at omaha.

The germans may look like they are about to be fully routed, but the Germans get a lot of quality units and a good long storm to dig in a line. And you do get the carpet bombers as the allies.

07-16-2012, 07:18 PM,
Well i think i'm going to spring the cash and get Normandy as my next title, followed maybe by Market Garden. I'm on a bit of a British and Airbourne fad at the moment. lol

I've been trying to hone my newbie skills with small scenarios against the AI but its not the same, are there any good tactics guides or play throughs that i can download and read? I seen a few but not many, i thought with a game this deep i'd have found more!

TTFN
07-17-2012, 05:44 AM,
(07-16-2012, 07:18 PM)Fubar Wrote: I've been trying to hone my newbie skills with small scenarios against the AI but its not the same, are there any good tactics guides or play throughs that i can download and read? I seen a few but not many, i thought with a game this deep i'd have found more!

TTFN
There are all the PzC articles we have here https://www.theblitz.club/articles/Artic...ries/cid=6 and some AAR's here https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...php?fid=70 to give you some tips. ;)
07-17-2012, 07:08 AM,
Oooh lots of bedtime reading!!! Big Grin2