• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WITP Admirals Edition question
07-13-2012, 06:01 AM,
WITP Admirals Edition question
Is it possible to buy this game from another seller other than direct from Matrix? I really like the look of this game but i have to say i find £55 for a digital download version a bit steep and £65 for a physical copy a joke.
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2012, 06:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-13-2012, 06:13 AM by Compass Rose.)
RE: WITP Admirals Edition question
The only other place that I know of to sell WitP:AE is NWS

http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo....aaded.html

They have the cheapest prices over here in the states for New HPS games.

I am not aware of any other places that would offer the download version.

Last Christmas, Matrix had their annual Christmas sale and WitP:AE was offered at a discount. I am guessing that it may be offered again this Christmas.

You may have luck looking into Amazon and Ebay.
07-14-2012, 02:43 AM,
Fubar be assured this game is worth every penny, but it's a very steep learning curve unless you have played Uncommon Valour or WitP beforehand.
So don't be put off by the price, I just finished the Ironman campaign which took me over 2 years.
For me a turn takes around 2 hours however sometimes I could squeeze in 2,3 or 4 per day.

Would recommend you start with a smaller scenario say Guadalcanal to get a feel for the game mechanics, just remembered the boxed edition has a LARGE SOFTBACK GAME MANUAL but with the numerous upgrades and rule changes this is now slighty outdated but handy to have at hand.

If you want I have the previous BOXED WitP game which I would swap for any of the following Squad Battles games, Red Victory, The Spanish Civil War or Winter War.
But to be honest I would go straight for WitP/AE.
07-14-2012, 05:14 AM,
Thanks for our thoughts guys. I'm affraid i dont have any of those Squad Battles games to swap for it. I have to say i'm tempted to go for it, i didnt know it takes so long to finish a campaign though! lol

Is the Admirals Edition worth it or is it worth just getting the standard WitP instead?
07-14-2012, 05:45 AM,
Wait until Christmas.

Maybe Santa will buy it for you on sale! Mex Big Grin

Xmas3
07-14-2012, 06:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-14-2012, 06:17 AM by Lowlander.)
Yeah the MATRIX SALE is the route to take, you might get lucky before Christmas.
Another small point, does the £65 price tag include VAT as I cannot remember what I paid but I do remember the VAT man !!!.
08-25-2012, 11:47 AM,
(07-14-2012, 05:14 AM)Fubar Wrote: Thanks for our thoughts guys. I'm affraid i dont have any of those Squad Battles games to swap for it. I have to say i'm tempted to go for it, i didnt know it takes so long to finish a campaign though! lol

Is the Admirals Edition worth it or is it worth just getting the standard WitP instead?

It is worth every penny Fubar. There is such detail and depth to it and it will take up your time for years to come. I've only been playing the small scenarios against the AI for about a year and half now and I still don't get tired of it. Thinking of actually starting a PBEM with someone for the first time. If you are into the nuts and bolts of operational wargaming; you will love it. Also, the map has got to be one of the most beautiful i've seen in a game. You wouldn't regret purchasing this thing for full price...well worth the money IMHO.

08-25-2012, 07:13 PM,
Hi Matt !

Like you I balked at paying the price Matrix originally wanted for WiTP-AE (with having bought the original as well), so as CR said I bought in the Xmas sale last year with 33% off.

Cost me £37 instead of £55 and I LOVE it !

So maybe consider waiting till Xmas to see if Matrix do another sale ?

@Enigma

If you want a small battle, let me know !
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
08-26-2012, 12:41 AM,
That sounds like a plan to me guys, i did originally think "wow, but xmas is miles off yet!", but the way this year is tearing along it'll be here in no time! LOL

TTFN Matt
08-29-2012, 10:49 AM,
(08-25-2012, 07:13 PM)Antoni Chmielowski Wrote: @Enigma

If you want a small battle, let me know !

I think I am ready Antoni. Might as well jump into the pool. Let us pick a small scenario at first so I don't sink too quickly. Do you have any suggestions for a small one?