• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Politically correct
07-09-2012, 08:53 AM,
Politically correct
Damn, I am so tired of this politically correct crap of worrying about offending someone elses viewpoint............we all have opinions and ideas...I might not like yours..you might not like mine....we are both entilted to them.....so get over it!!!!!!!!!!!

Now go ahead and close the damn thread :-)

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 10:41 AM,
RE: Politically correct
Yeah Baby, a man after my own heart!!! That's how I was brought up.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
07-09-2012, 01:38 PM,
Totally disagree. I am a politically active conservative, but this is not the place for political argument.
07-09-2012, 03:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012, 03:15 PM by Crossroads.)
I'm with KKR. This is a gaming site first and foremost, there's plenty of other forums for political discussion if that's what you're after VE.

Unless you refer to opinionated half track discussions? That's what we are here for! Helmet Wink
Visit us at CSLegion.com
07-09-2012, 07:47 PM,
I agree with Earl. Though, I think KKR made a good point in the other thread, which Petri makes here, that "there are plenty of websites" to go and discuss politics.

But, it was a simple thread to wish Americans a "happy birthday"? It got locked up and that is a shame.
What I don't understand is that the discussion on the other thread became more a discussion of history than politics. Yes, some members gave their political views as well. But, nothing became nasty.

As far as my "leanings". I am an independent. I'm (about 75%) libertarian. I believe in the founding principles which made America great. We have our rights that are given by God and not by man. Farmer

A pox on both the Democrats and Republicans for where they have allowed "WE THE PEOPLE" to be subject to such a large government. A government that thinks it can simply spend the people's future, drive "US" (no periods, I meant us, the people) into the poor house through debt, and bring about the general decline of a once strong economic entity by printing money.

That's as political as I get. Irish Dance

But, I also see the club's side of the political discussion issue. If they say no, then we should follow what they want. Read

Their rules. We have an open and free club. I am happy for that.

Just my .02. 2Cents

And, not once did I mention half tracks! Thank you 3

Cheers5

HSL

07-09-2012, 08:35 PM,
Hey now we should know how cramped the UK is. Its bad enough with all the bloaks everywhere with no where to hide. Just imagine how crapmed the political correctness is! If i were there i would positively be looking for anything that floats to escape or dig under the channel. Or maybe a long range small engine stealth glider to attempt a crossing. Hmmm but where would i sail or dig or sneak
The biggest insult to human intelligence which is considerable in my opinion. Is the notion that the universe made itself. Has anyone ever see a star form? Come on people. what will they tell us now? The earth is flat?
07-09-2012, 08:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012, 09:09 PM by Kool Kat.)
Gents: Smoke7

All members have their own opinions and ideas. Some folks will agree with your opinions... others will not.

All members are free to express their opinions and ideas on the forums... provided they do so in a civil and polite manner... AND adhere / follow the Blitz rules (ROE's).

The Blitz is a war game club... that accommodates many "Off Topic" threads. However, as listed in ROE's #1 and #8, there are "Off Topic" subjects that are either discouraged or not allowed. These topics include world politics, religion, current events, Revisionist, and Neo-Nazi beliefs.

Threads that venture into the above subjects / topics... irregardless of civility... are subject to being banned and closed by club officers.

In fact, all Blitz ROE's have recently been updated. It would be good for members to familiarize themselves with them.

Finally, as it has been stated before by several members... this is the Blitz's John Tiller Campaign Series (JTCS) forum for the discussion of the CS war game system. There are other forums for the discussion of world politics, religion, current events... and even Revisionist, and Neo-Nazi beliefs.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
07-09-2012, 09:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012, 09:58 PM by Scud.)
I closed the thread for several reasons. 1. It had run it's course. 2. July 4th was over. 3. It was going nowhere. 4. It was straying far off from the original intent of the post, which was to say Happy 4th of July to those from America. 5. It had nothing whatsoever to do with the Campaign Series; and, lastly, there was a request made to do so. I felt once a member, any member, made that complaint and coupled with all the above, then the thread should be closed. To say nothing of a warning made by a site officer that the thread was bordering on a Blitz rule infringement.

If you guys want to discuss politics a little bit, go for it, but maybe throw in a stug or an AT here and there, so that the general CS membership has a interest in reading the rants? Otherwise, consider political forums, there are tons of them out there. This forum is for CS.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email