• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Good Cracker!
07-07-2012, 08:04 AM,
Off Topic  Good Cracker!
Generals,
Frau von Earlmann and I have just decimated 6 lobsters..........we did the same thing last Friday.........can't beat those first softshells.....sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!......and they are now cheaper than they have been for about 10 years.........actually cheaper than hot dogs and hamburg.....a little melted butter and life is good :-)

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2012, 08:31 AM,
RE: Good Cracker!
Mouth waters.
It's been a long time since I have been to Maine and had a fresh "few". Melted butter ... yum! :1st place:

Wine

HSL
07-07-2012, 08:42 AM,
Dude, that's just wrong, you can't just state that kinda thing and not share!!!!

GOOD STUFF!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
07-07-2012, 08:52 AM,
Gents: Smoke7

Does "shrimp and grits" count as a seafood dinner to stack up against VE's lobster? Idea2 ;)

Dish also include smoked sausage. Big Grin

Enjoyed "immensely" during a recent family vacation to Myrtle Beach! Maracas

[Image: ec3084b04dphoto.JPG]

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
07-07-2012, 09:13 AM,
Mike, I'm gonna smack ya!!!! I'm a major chowhound, and just ate dinner, and you guys are gonna MAKE me eat more!!.....Keep it coming!!;-)
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
07-13-2012, 07:29 PM,
Ahhhh yes the Great State of Maine!

When I lived in Syracuse, I went there every year! Now that I live in Ohio its quite a bit further and don't there that often!

You can't beat Lobster boiled at the campsite over a wood fire with drawn better on the side. Acadia National Park, Mount Desert Island, MDI Campground, Bar Harbor, Bass Harbor and great down home Maine Folks!

I do love Maine!

Ivan the Big;)
07-14-2012, 05:10 PM,
Best breakfast I ever had in my life was a Rainbow Trout pulled out of lake Coniston and was in the frying pan over an open fire within 3 mins of it coming out of the lake.
07-15-2012, 03:43 AM,
(07-13-2012, 07:29 PM)Ivan The Big Wrote: Ahhhh yes the Great State of Maine!

When I lived in Syracuse, I went there every year! Now that I live in Ohio its quite a bit further and don't there that often!

You can't beat Lobster boiled at the campsite over a wood fire with drawn better on the side. Acadia National Park, Mount Desert Island, MDI Campground, Bar Harbor, Bass Harbor and great down home Maine Folks!

I do love Maine!

Ivan the Big;)

I live about an hour East of Ellsworth which is the gateway to Mount Desert Island (Bar Harbor;Acadia Natl Park ,et al). The previous is located in Hancock county........we have a saying here "The real Maine starts East of Hancock county. About an hour or so from Canadian border and the Roosevelt retreat of Campobello Island. We have another saying here "It's Gods country"..life is laid back and country living at it's best :-)

VE

PS: Plenty of Lobsters,scallops,clams,fish, and blueberries......also lots of freindly people.
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
07-15-2012, 04:15 PM,
Earl,

You lucky puppy! About an hour east of Ellsworth, that is awesome!

I've been to Mathias further east from Ellsworth a couple times and all the way to Eastport once. In fact once we crossed into New Brunswick using Rt-1 somewhere near Eastport. I've been close to Campobello Is, but never there.

There is another cool drive but you need a Jeep or a truck. We took our '96 Cherokee and drove the 52 mile road through Baxter State Park. Checked in at the south ranger station and went all the way through. Took about 4+ hours with a lot of bumps. But the drive was well worth it. Virgin timber and just beautiful country!

Ivan the BigCigar5