• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Individual units
07-06-2012, 10:37 PM,
Individual units
Just wondering, instead of creating a scenario with tank units in plt strength, how about as individual units? Depending on the size of the scenario the total number would not be that great I would think so time factor with moving a lot of single units would not be excessive. I think it would be more realistic. Any thoughts?
Gil
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2012, 11:10 PM,
RE: Individual units
Don't stop at tanks, change the ranges and movement for all the units and make a squad level game.
07-07-2012, 03:51 AM,
Why not just play Squad Battles, which sounds like the scale you are asking for? Farmer

Though, scenario designers can do what you ask, I would not. Thank you 3
Leave CS at the platoon based scale some of us prefer? Helmet Wink

Drink Smoke

HSL
07-07-2012, 04:53 AM,
(07-07-2012, 03:51 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Why not just play Squad Battles, which sounds like the scale you are asking for? Farmer

Though, scenario designers can do what you ask, I would not. Thank you 3
Leave CS at the platoon based scale some of us prefer? Helmet Wink

Drink Smoke

HSL

The only reason I suggest this is because once a plt gets down to 1 sp it is virtually worthless against other full strength opposing plts. Yet in a number of actual combat situations, especially German tanks, a single unit could inflict a lot of damage against enemy units.
Gil
07-07-2012, 05:55 AM,
(07-06-2012, 11:10 PM)junk2drive Wrote: Don't stop at tanks, change the ranges and movement for all the units and make a squad level game.

Ahem.....already started that....
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
07-07-2012, 06:26 AM,
We already have various special purposes infantry squads... Recon vehicles are (correctly) SP1 strenght in various oob organizations... I am not sure about all armour presented as invidiual units? But as Ed mentioned, it's certainly doable if scenario designer so chooses.

As an observation, TOAW has a feature any unit can dynamically be split and insplit: a division into regiments, rgt into battalions, and back. Could be a cool feature here as well...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
07-07-2012, 07:10 AM,
A couple of Squad Battles games have the 3D units that look like JTCS. I don't own any because the game play doesn't sound like something I would enjoy. Dropping weapons and picking up weapons and such. JTCS at squad level might be interesting to me. Especially if I don't have to buy anything.

And Ed, no one would force you to play it.
07-07-2012, 07:59 AM,
(07-06-2012, 10:37 PM)Oberst Wrote: Just wondering, instead of creating a scenario with tank units in plt strength, how about as individual units? Depending on the size of the scenario the total number would not be that great I would think so time factor with moving a lot of single units would not be excessive. I think it would be more realistic. Any thoughts?
Gil

Would probably work with smaller scenarios...........I contemplated it once but have never followed through......it would be a fair amount of work to reduce every unit to 1sp when designing the scenario....but it is definitely doable........maybe when I have more time..........aka someday :-)

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
07-07-2012, 08:28 AM,
(07-07-2012, 07:10 AM)junk2drive Wrote: And Ed, no one would force you to play it.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. Shocked

LOL! TEEHEE

Buds

HSL
07-07-2012, 08:40 AM,
Changing the scale is no big deal, and with trucks etc. being able to carry more than 1SP infantry, a 2 SP(two half squads) infantry unit is doable. I made an install for it, just haven't really started it at all. Stay tuned..!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/