• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

AAR - Battle of Two Sisters
07-06-2012, 04:04 PM,
AAR - Battle of Two Sisters
I posted an AAR from a Falklands Scenario that we just completed; "Battle of Two Sisters" - one of the best 'Infantry only' scenarios I've ever played.

My opponent and I have finished a handful of Falklands scenarios now and both agree that the designer really captured the flavor of Infantry combat. Kudo's to Mr Conner for a good module.

Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2012, 11:04 PM,
RE: AAR - Battle of Two Sisters
https://www.theblitz.club/aars/Squad-Bat...aar&aar=18
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
07-07-2012, 01:55 PM,
Marc, you are too kind. Now I feel like I should buy you dinner. If you ever make it to my neck of the woods, I'll treat.

Actually, I think that Squad Battles excels as an infantry simulator and since the Falklands was all about infantry and artillery, it was a great fit.
07-08-2012, 09:21 AM,
Now I have to buy Falklands...LOL
'Pedites Pugnas Decernent'
07-09-2012, 12:17 AM,
Falklands is a good one...I wasn't sure I would like it when I first bought it...but for most of the past year I have had a game going...if you like modern infantry tactics, its a winning choice...
07-09-2012, 04:15 AM,
I think Falklands is an easy game to dismiss if you get all giddy about shiny vehicles and slick weaponry. Even when I first started playtesting the title, I was skeptical due to what seemed like overall terrain 'blandness'. Once you dig into the game, you realize that it is an infantry heavy game that won't allow you to hide behind your armor to get the job done. I've also picked up a few books on the subject that I'm waiting to dig into when I find some extra time.

Like Winter War, it was a conflict I knew little about, didn't have much interest in until I started playing the game a bit. Once I started reading about it, and playing good scenarios, I was hooked. Good stuff.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4