• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Would you play Rising Sun scenarios if more new and balanced ones were in the dBASE?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
75.00%
15 75.00%
No
25.00%
5 25.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Would you play more RS scenarios?
07-06-2012, 10:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2012, 10:21 AM by Kool Kat.)
c_Question Mark  Would you play more RS scenarios?
Gents: Smoke7

Our recent discussion on players' interest levels with Rising Sun scenarios... led me to poll CS players for feedback! :)

Since my latest two H2H Approved scenarios are Rising Sun ones... and my current two scenarios under development are also in the Pacific Theater... it would be helpful to me, as a scenario developer, to better understand the interest level for RS scenarios - direct from the CS community!

So, here's the single question poll question:

Would you play Rising Sun scenarios if more new and balanced ones were in the dBASE?

Please answer the poll question and expand on your answers in this thread. Many thanks in advance for your feedback! Big Grin

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2012, 10:27 AM,
RE: Would you play more RS scenarios?
I for sure would. I've always been fascinated with the PTO, but as most get caught up in the Eastern and Western Front actions mostly. My personal interest is in the off-beat type actions, in EF, WF, and RS, dealing with the so-called Minors, of both sides. In PTO, this would be the Sino-Nippon conflicts, as well as warlord fighting, that sort of thing.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
07-06-2012, 11:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2012, 11:43 AM by junk2drive.)
Here is what turned me off to playing the RS scenarios that came with the game, after a while it is just more of the same.

Mr G's Dutch scens are good.

I'd like to see more China Burma India (CBI) and China vs Japan. Maybe some post war Nationalist vs Communist China. Soviet vs Japan too although there is just one major battle.

However until RS gets updated like EF, you may find some problems.
07-06-2012, 04:32 PM,
I voted yes, mainly for a lack of balanced team games on the RS theatre of war. The arrival of new scenarios is always a good thing, I am looking forward to play Mr KK's Manila scenario at some point of time in future, Mike's Korean Mod is a blast, and Boisforas is getting started with some French Indochina scenarios.

Having said that, I have barely played the vanilla ( Helmet Wink ) RS at all, mostly as WF and EF scenarios have always felt more relevant to me for some reason or another.

Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
07-11-2012, 08:30 PM,
Gents: Smoke7

Despite a small sampling of CS players... the majority who did vote... stated they would play RS scenarios that are new and balanced. Helmet Smile

So... while I enjoy developing and play testing RS scenarios... it is most encouraging to learn that there is a niche CS player community who enjoys playing RS scenarios too! Big Grin2

I plan to do my part in expanding the RS game dBASE! Salute4
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
07-12-2012, 04:11 AM,
Definitely Mike !
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
07-12-2012, 08:21 AM,
RS would definitely benefit from better scenarios. Balanced for H v. H play. Keep up the good work.
07-12-2012, 10:30 AM,
Agreed, better balance H2H games can only be a good thing. keep up the good work.

I've played more RS in the last year than I had in the last 18. Helmet Wink
07-12-2012, 05:52 PM,
Yeah, if you design more RS scenarios I will absolutely play them.
Rising Sun is my favorite CS series....how could I say no? º¿º