• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

'The Capture of Balta' for RV
06-28-2012, 04:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2012, 04:56 AM by Marc Bellizzi.)
'The Capture of Balta' for RV
I have updated the Advance of the Reich scenario, 'The Capture of Balta' for RV.

I always enjoyed playing this scenario in AotR; I think it is one of the first scenarios I ever played against Frank Harmon. I had updated it for RV a little while back so I could try it again. With the new weapons & loads files for RV, some of the naming for equipment changed between titles; I have made those changes but the basic weapon system is still the same & it did not affect game play or play balance.

I thought I would post this as available so other players can play (or replay) this great scenario.

https://www.box.com/s/c64757b3e03b3dc5d578

*If you have never played this scenario, you should give it a try; it was designed for J Tiller by Charlie Kibler, one of the original Squad Leader/Advanced Squad Leader game developers.

Marc Bellizzi
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2012, 05:03 AM,
RE: 'The Capture of Balta' for RV
Thanks for sharing your scenario. Thumbs Up I'm looking forward to playing it.
06-28-2012, 05:50 AM,
He's just tired of waiting for me to post it on TFE4!

I'm getting through my back-log of stuff!
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
06-28-2012, 08:03 AM,
Downloading, thanks!
'Pedites Pugnas Decernent'
07-05-2012, 11:59 AM,
Finished playing PBEM as German. Fun, moderately pro-German (even without the reinforcements), but not sure what the German reinforcements are meant to do, they arrived (2 turns?) too late and were nowhere near the enemy at the end of the game. Looking forward to it playing as Russians.

I would like to report the game to the ladder once the scenario is added.

Thanks again Mark.
07-05-2012, 12:30 PM,
grofaz,

I just added it for you. It is the 1st time I've added a SB scenario to the DB. I think I got it all right, including the SM number.

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/Squa...&ladder=10

Hopefully, Alan or Abram can confirm it for you.

07-05-2012, 05:26 PM,
I just finished an H2H game myself - I was keeping the Huns at bay until those reinforcements came down on me like an avalanche; I was able to hold the Germans to a minor victory, but I think this one may need to be re-looked at more for balance (unless scenario reports show that it is balanced and I just had a bad day, lol).

One issue I saw; one of the T-26's starts in a town hex, and I could not get it to move out of the terrain. Anyone else have this issue? I thought maybe it was supposed to reflect a 'turreted pillbox' which there were a lot of in Stalingrad, but I found in the base scenario by Kibler that it was a originally located in a road hex and Frank had moved it over one hex to the town hex. I left it there but now I am wondering on the wisdom of that move.

Anyway, I am interested to see how others fare on this one, I always liked this scenario.
07-05-2012, 11:15 PM,
If it's in the town hex, it's pretty much stuck. We had this happen when play testing the official battle pack of scenarios for TOD a few years ago.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
07-06-2012, 04:36 AM,
***SPOILER***

My 2 cents Mark:

If you take out the German reinforcements altogether, and remove the "fixed" status 1 turn earlier for the minor axis units it would help in the balance issue.

Either way, thanks for all your awesome work man!
07-06-2012, 07:03 AM,
I don't think the Germans need any forces any earlier then they come now as I was barely able to hold the Germans to a minor victory playing as the Russians also.