• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

West Front Manual
06-28-2012, 03:27 AM,
West Front Manual
Guys - can anyone tell me if the Matrix version of West Front included a PDF manual and if so does it include the vehicle data charts that were in the original Talonsoft manual for the game?

I have my manual but it is deep in my storage area. My back gives me problems these days and I really would not want to have to dig through a ton of boxes just to find it.

If the PDF has the data tables (armor values, when the particular vehicle appeared, that kind of stuff) then I will boot up my old PC where I have it installed and download it from there.

Either that or I will contact John Tiller to see if he has a PDF version of the manual.
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2012, 04:05 AM,
RE: West Front Manual
(06-28-2012, 03:27 AM)Sgt_Rock Wrote: Guys - can anyone tell me if the Matrix version of West Front included a PDF manual and if so does it include the vehicle data charts that were in the original Talonsoft manual for the game?

I have my manual but it is deep in my storage area. My back gives me problems these days and I really would not want to have to dig through a ton of boxes just to find it.

If the PDF has the data tables (armor values, when the particular vehicle appeared, that kind of stuff) then I will boot up my old PC where I have it installed and download it from there.

Either that or I will contact John Tiller to see if he has a PDF version of the manual.

If you play a scenario the top "M" menu bar has a "help" link on the far right. I am not sure if they are PDF but the tables are located under different links.

cheers

HSL
06-28-2012, 04:19 AM,
Hmm, that is too time consuming to work with. I will have to find my manual.
06-28-2012, 04:36 AM,
(06-28-2012, 04:19 AM)Sgt_Rock Wrote: Hmm, that is too time consuming to work with. I will have to find my manual.

What? dizzy

I was trying to save you your back. It took me 30 seconds to get the files you wanted.

Pickles

HSL
06-28-2012, 04:41 AM,
It's in one of 2 places:

From the windows start menu: Programs/John Tiller's Campaign Series/Documentation/and the pdfs are in that folder.

Or try C:/Matrix Games/John Tiller's Campaign Series/Manuals (C: being the drive you installed it on).

Scud
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
06-28-2012, 07:04 AM,
Thanks Dave. Thank you 3
I thought he was looking for a hard paper copy of weapons and unit data. I'm not even sure it is in the original hard copy.

I would go where I sent him and then copy and paste the info to print it. Write

He might also want to register for the CS Ladder to get a game or two going? Idea2

Cheers2

HSL
06-28-2012, 02:47 PM,
Alternatively, one could access the Unit Viewer.

It tells you everything about all the units available in all games.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
06-28-2012, 06:59 PM,
(06-28-2012, 02:47 PM)Jason Petho Wrote: Alternatively, one could access the Unit Viewer.

It tells you everything about all the units available in all games.

Jason Petho

He did give this response earlier:

(06-28-2012, 04:19 AM)Sgt_Rock Wrote: Hmm, that is too time consuming to work with. I will have to find my manual.

I don't use unit viewer much or I would have mentioned it. I did look at my Rising Sun manual from Talonsoft. Weapons data etc is definitely in there.

Cheers5

HSL
06-29-2012, 11:58 AM,
Thanks guys, I do not have the game installed on my current PC. I will fire up my older PC and retrieve the necessary files. Again, thanks for your help!