• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New RV stuff at TFE4
06-20-2012, 10:54 PM,
New RV stuff at TFE4
This will be the first in a few installments of some new material for the site, done by a veteran of SB and TFE4, Marc “Bayonet” Bellizzi. If you haven’t read his tactics articles, head on over to take a look.

First off will be a Graphics package for Heavy Weapons, Vehicles and Guns.

The real good stuff comes in the form a battle pack of scenarios from South Stalingrad. Many of you may recognize his name from way back when he started the Stalingrad project for Advance of the Reich. With the popularity of Red Victory and the engine upgrades that came with it, Marc opted to continue his work on the RV platform. Head on over and enjoy.

Any questions or comments on his material, post it here. Marc's been frequenting the Blitz a bit more regularly of late.

More goodies to come as I find the spare time to post them. Perhaps at lunch today.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2012, 12:00 AM,
RE: New RV stuff at TFE4
Great News! Thumbs Up

You can never get too much of Oz's masterpiece! Martini

Can't wait to take look at Marc's new scenarios! :closer look:

Thanks Salute2
06-21-2012, 04:19 AM,
It looks like we have some new SB team scenarios! Hat Hooray

After reading Marc's Readme file, it is easy to tell that he has poured a ton of time and energy into developing these scenarios. The new unit art and vehicle pics look great and I love the historical maps and pictures that were included as extras!

Super good work Marc. Thanks for sharing them with all of us. Thank you 3

A big thanks also goes out to TF Echo-4 for all that they do. They are a super great resource for a ton of SB related material. Thanks Alan! :respect2:
06-21-2012, 06:08 AM,
SWEET!!!!
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
06-21-2012, 09:57 AM,
Holy Cow

Did any of you open up one of Marc's new scenarios yet?

These things are monsters! :)

Boy, Alan wasn't kidding a few weeks ago when he said there were some new team SB scenarios about to be released.

06-22-2012, 02:00 AM,
(06-21-2012, 04:19 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: It looks like we have some new SB team scenarios! Hat Hooray

After reading Marc's Readme file, it is easy to tell that he has poured a ton of time and energy into developing these scenarios. The new unit art and vehicle pics look great and I love the historical maps and pictures that were included as extras!

Super good work Marc. Thanks for sharing them with all of us. Thank you 3

A big thanks also goes out to TF Echo-4 for all that they do. They are a super great resource for a ton of SB related material. Thanks Alan! :respect2:

I second that....
06-22-2012, 04:22 AM,
I have not checked out the download yet so I am not sure if this package includes the Stalingrad scenario Marc had people take a beta run through awhile back. I jumped on the bandwagon to beta test his Stalingrad scenario then and was very, very impressed.
Now, honestly I am not really a fan of large SB scenarios as the AI has problems and the couple I have played were long winded carpel tunnel inducing atrition battles. That said I absolutely enjoyed Marcs RV Stalingrad scenario, it is excellent and even against the AI it was a ton of nerve wracking fun.
06-22-2012, 04:25 AM,
These are the scenarios he had folks look at.

In the text file that accompanies the battle pack, he explains which ones have been optimized for AI. You are correct, the AI doesn't handle big scenarios well at all.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
06-22-2012, 11:35 AM,
Stupid Q but...how do I install those cool unit pics on the game? They are not separated into nations....

BTW awesome scenario, thanks Mark and the TFE4!

'Pedites Pugnas Decernent'
06-22-2012, 12:04 PM,
They go into your "Info" folder in the game folder.

or use JSGME.

BACKUP YOUR OLD files first!

Ed
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."