• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario Uploads to dBASE
06-19-2012, 12:48 AM,
Scenario Uploads to dBASE
Gents: Smoke7

I made this post a stickie so we don't "lose" this information.

Many thanks to Ed (HSL) for these upload instructions! Big Grin

To help those who ask me "how do I upload a scenario to the dBASE and can you do it for me?" I am posting a template for information needed when uploading a new scenario. And, no, I cannot do it for you because of the way the new scenario dBASE system works.

Early on when I attempted to upload scenarios I found I did not have the proper information on hand. Now I print the template from "info needed", listed below, and fill the info out on a print out so that everything is at hand. (Also, I calculate the modified size beforehand).

Go to the link above Scenarios and click through to Add Scenario

Select Ladder Campaign Series
The Matrix Games version of East Front II/West Front/Rising Sun/etc. (whatever game it relates to).

Info needed:

*Scenario Name
*Scenario's Author
*Scenario's number of turns
*Scenario size modifier(SM) How do I calculate scenario SM? Blitz SM adjusted by formula.
*Scenario File - through Browse (you will need the three or four files scn, org, map, and bmp zipped together to attach)
*Scenario's URL - hosted site (if needed)
*Select 1st side
*Select 2nd side
*Scenario Briefing (all the info at the bottom of the scenario page) Usually cut and paste the briefing here.
*Scenario date Day-Month-Year
*Scenario is balanced for ?H2H or against computer?
*Scenario type Stock or Custom
*Complexity (as shown in the game folder -usually is higher than the modified complexity)
*Modified Complexity (from above Blitz adjusted formula)
*Optional Rules Yes or No (I guess a prompt to players to check for special rules, etc.)
*Visibility
*Ground Conditions
*Major Defeat
*Minor Defeat
*Minor Victory
*Major Victory
*Allied Air Power
*Axis Air Power
*Allied Smoke
*Axis Smoke
*Allied Supply
*Axis Supply

Having the info on hand saves the frustration of having to stop and look it up. Especially when you do not upload scenarios all the time.
Hope this helps you. I know it helps me.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email