• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Should Lapland War Mod have a ladder?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No. LWM should not have a ladder at all.
0%
0 0%
Yes. LWM should have a ladder of its own.
0%
0 0%
Yes. LWM should be part of EF2 ladder.
100.00%
9 100.00%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Separate Ladder For Lapland Mod?
06-14-2012, 10:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-14-2012, 10:04 PM by Otto von Blotto.)
RE: Separate Ladder For Lapland Mod?
surely it just needs to be going under EF game reporting with just a note on the scn in the database description that those scn files would need the Lapland mod to be installed to play.

Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2012, 10:37 PM,
(06-14-2012, 10:02 PM)Otto von Blotto Wrote: surely it just needs to be going under EF game reporting with just a note on the scn in the database description that those scn files would need the Lapland mod to be installed to play.

Gents: Smoke7

Each "Lapland" developed scenario could have the following text after the listing of required optional rules; "Requires players to install the Lapland Mod"

And the "Lapland War" currently has its own sub-forum (Under CS Hosted Modifications) with detailed instructions on how to access and download the Lapland Mod.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
06-14-2012, 11:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2012, 10:06 PM by Crossroads.)
(06-14-2012, 10:37 PM)Kool Kat Wrote:
(06-14-2012, 10:02 PM)Otto von Blotto Wrote: surely it just needs to be going under EF game reporting with just a note on the scn in the database description that those scn files would need the Lapland mod to be installed to play.

Gents: Smoke7

Each "Lapland" developed scenario could have the following text after the listing of required optional rules; "Requires players to install the Lapland Mod"

And the "Lapland War" currently has its own sub-forum (Under CS Hosted Modifications) with detailed instructions on how to access and download the Lapland Mod.

Thanks, this discussion really helped me to understand the current Ladder systems and how LWM relates to it. I agree there is no need for a separate ladder of any kind, as this really is an add-on to EF, nothing more, nothing less. And there are no flying saucers in it :)

The above two quotes sum it up for me as well.

Reverting to my original poll and the opinion I gave there, I do not see any need for a separate ladder as such. This is still true, even if it turned out a sub-ladder would be easy to implement.

In the Mod download thread I sketched some ideas which could form a scenario designers' guideline for creating new scenarios with Lapland Mod. I could easily add the above suggestion by Mike to the list.

When I have more time at my hands I will actually create a separate thread there for scenario designers. [EDIT: done].

I suppose we have pretty much a consensus how to proceed, with no new ladder (sub-ladder) required?

Visit us at CSLegion.com