• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hi from Wigam
06-02-2012, 08:28 AM,
Hi from Wigam
Well hi guys, guess its been a while and alot of stuff has happened.

I have been sent to advise in a policing role to our small Pacific Island brothers and for some peace keeping.
As i write Im sitting in my room in GBR base situated not far from Henderson Airfield on the Island of Guadacanal in the Solomon Islands. I can look out my window and see Iron bottom sound, there are war tours all around, memorials and bunkers, caves, old war relics, abandoned Japanese fighters and bombers pushed off the runway at Henderson. Lots to do. Diving here is amazing, going to go diving on a B-17 that the pilot put down into the sea so well it settled on the bottom and I can sit in the pilots seat.

Just a few pics.

This is the view of Iron Bottom Sound plus the view I have when I eat breakfest.
[Image: DSC07413.jpg]

This is Savo Island, sight of some of the fiercest Naval battles of WWII
[Image: 2012-06-01092225.jpg]

Anyway boys, just dropped in to say hi and that ive missed the interaction with you all. I"ll try and drop in more and maybe even sena in a quick game. Big Grin
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2012, 09:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2012, 04:25 AM by Compass Rose.)
RE: Hi from Wigam
Sounds like alot of fun.

It would be neat to see the B-17. My uncle was a co-pilot on one and flew 30 missions in WWII.

Thanks for sharing the pics. They were nice to see.
06-02-2012, 11:04 AM,
What a wonderful ideal paradise it seems now,no more war there now,, but perfect for diving on old wrecks and see history.

May the south pacific islands blow cool and soothing winds, on you friend and the island ladies provide you comfort you as well.
06-02-2012, 01:51 PM,
Amazing sights you have there bro!

Good to hear that life is treating you well and you have not forgotten us :)
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
06-02-2012, 08:54 PM,
I could never forget this place Vesku my old friend. Spent too many good times here and met too many good friends, lost too many games and lost too much sleep to forget. ;)

Hi Gila, Still kicking arse ?

I will keep you all posted on my travels. Big Grin
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
06-02-2012, 09:12 PM,
Great to hear from you Marcus, looks like you have really landed on your feet, glad things have worked out for you. Big Grin

Keep us posted with more pic's if you can..............
06-02-2012, 10:02 PM,
Hello Wig,

good to see you are still alive and kicking..

Greybeard
06-03-2012, 04:21 AM,
Marcus! I saw your post on the Blitz's facebook page and just had to stop in at the Steel Panthers forum to say hi! Glad to hear all's well. You're missing all the good parties at the officer's club. Send more pics. Wouldn't have an underwater camera would you?

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
06-03-2012, 12:08 PM,
Cheers Marcus
Thanks for the life update. What a great spot to be working.
What an amazing way to see a B17 up close eh!
Be grand if you could get some dive pics and share them...wicked.

Keep the peace bro, and keep it safe eh.
Chur Big Grin
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
06-04-2012, 04:00 AM,
Hi buds, miss you in the OP-B tournament. Hopefully things have turned around for you life wise.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha