• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Error 486
05-21-2012, 05:05 AM,
c_Question Mark  Error 486
Hello All,

I moved my JTCS from an old computer to a newer cmputer. I get an Error 486 when trying to run a scenario.

I am unable to redownload JTCS as I bought well over 2 years ago and did not purchase disks.

I do have my serial # from my download.

Is there anything that can be done to enable my current configuation of JTCS on my newer computer. Perhaps a file that unlocks the game or the like?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx!

Hawk
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2012, 03:52 PM,
RE: Error 486
Might look here.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp...=&#2855156

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
05-21-2012, 08:24 PM,
Hello Larry,

Thanks. I already looked at that. I move the game from an XP machine to an XP machine.

I am pretty sure that this has to do with something to do with me moving the game to my newer machine verses installing it there.

Thanx!

Hawk
05-22-2012, 01:01 AM,
If you just copied folders over and didn't do an actual install on the new computer, that's your problem, unless you were savvy enough to make manual entries to the registry too.

If you still have a valid serial number, then I would think Matrix would help you out redownloading the files. Maybe Jason can help?

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
05-22-2012, 07:25 PM,
Erik, did this get resolved?

cheers

HSL
05-22-2012, 08:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-22-2012, 08:25 PM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
Hello All,

No it has not been resolved.

Customer service (Plimus Support) at matrix was not helpful at all.

Basically their stance is: We can't find your order so you are of luck unless you can find your confirmation email from June 2007 or produce your credit card statement from that time period to prove your purchase.

The fact that I can play the game on my old computer and have a valid serial number seems to be unimportant.

As for the matrix website itself: My post under the tech support section has gone unanswered by the Matix staff.

I am hoping that Jason will become aware of the situation and be able to assist.

@Scud: I wish I was savvy enough to manually edit the registry.

Thanx!

Hawk
05-23-2012, 01:29 AM,
Hi Hawk

Do you still have the game installed on your other machine?

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
05-23-2012, 05:53 AM,
(05-23-2012, 01:29 AM)Jason Petho Wrote: Hi Hawk

Do you still have the game installed on your other machine?

Jason Petho

Yes I do.

Thanx!

Hawk
05-23-2012, 06:13 AM,
Would you be able to install off my disks with your number?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
05-23-2012, 06:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-23-2012, 06:14 AM by Jason Petho.)
(05-23-2012, 05:53 AM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote: Yes I do.

That's good. Then all you really have to do is mimic the registry files so they are the same on the new machine. The registry files on your old machine will have the serial number you need on the new machine, don't forget to write it down, just in case!

Jason Petho
Send this user an email