• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opponent for Waterloo 007
05-01-2012, 06:38 AM,
Opponent for Waterloo 007
Looking for someone to take on the large 388 turn scenario for HPS Waterloo.

I'd prefer the allies but wouldn't mind taking the French, rules open for negotiation. Also would prefer someone that can do 4-5 turns per week.
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2012, 09:22 PM,
RE: Opponent for Waterloo 007
I'm up for it, but earliest I can start is 14th May as we are off on holiday. If you don't find another opponent by then, we can start. I'm happy to give French a go.
05-03-2012, 02:15 PM,
Ok sounds good, I'll just wait until the 14th then.
05-05-2012, 03:16 AM,
If you can manage two I am available

06-27-2012, 02:58 PM,
I would love to play this against somebody? Any takers? I will play either side. Talk soon, Tim
06-28-2012, 01:39 PM,
(06-27-2012, 02:58 PM)Tim Cavallin Wrote: I would love to play this against somebody? Any takers? I will play either side. Talk soon, Tim

Hey Tim...I'm interested in playing the French in the big Waterloo battle. Its bedtime here now but I'll put together an email tomorrow and we can get a game going.

Tom Bridges

tbridges at carolina dot rr dot com
06-29-2012, 07:52 AM,
(05-01-2012, 06:38 AM)Vincent Wrote: Looking for someone to take on the large 388 turn scenario for HPS Waterloo.

I'd prefer the allies but wouldn't mind taking the French, rules open for negotiation. Also would prefer someone that can do 4-5 turns per week.

I'll tell you guys something: That scenario, or any WL scenario designed by Charlie C. is completely imaginary. jonny :(
06-29-2012, 08:13 AM,
c_Question Mark  RE: Opponent for Waterloo 007
I'll tell you guys something: That scenario, or any WL scenario designed by Charlie C. is completely imaginary. jonny :(
[/quote]

Any game scenario is imaginary, but what is the particular problem with this one?
06-29-2012, 08:29 AM,
(06-29-2012, 08:13 AM)Havoc Wrote: I'll tell you guys something: That scenario, or any WL scenario designed by Charlie C. is completely imaginary. jonny :(

Any game scenario is imaginary, but what is the particular problem with this one?
[/quote]

Yes of course everything is an illusion, didn't the Buddha say something like that?

The placement of all units, especially the Prussian Army, is wholly wrong and completely imaginary; this is a fantasy scenario. Everything is imaginary except the map. Nothing is where it was in June 15th 1815. The designer committed a fraud, slipped it by the testers, got paid, quit and is gone. We are left with the residue and HPS clearly doesn't have plans to ever rectify the situation. jonny Whip
06-29-2012, 01:25 PM,
"Any game scenario is imaginary, but what is the particular problem with this one?"

For example, on June 15th both Prussian III & II Korps were off the map to the east near Namur. On the 16th they arrived and that is why we see them on any Ligne wargame strung out on the Namur Road north of the battlefield. The "Large Historical" scenario has III Korps on the southeast quadrant marching north and II Korps far to the north marching south. That's imaginary placement and while it might make for an interesting game it is not historical. The stock Waterloo scenario is just as bad. It's a fraud and if this were done in Panzer Campaigns there would be an outrage but because it's Napoleonics not enough people care and nothing is done. jonny Crazy