• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Who's playing what?
03-20-2012, 08:01 AM,
c_Question Mark  Who's playing what?
If you are currently playing any board games, what board games are you playing? I'm sure the guys would be very interested to know.
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2012, 11:52 AM,
RE: Who's playing what?
(03-20-2012, 08:01 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: If you are currently playing any board games, what board games are you playing? I'm sure the guys would be very interested to know.

Valor & Victory :)
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
03-20-2012, 01:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2012, 01:10 PM by tallin.)
Playing Advanced Squad Leader with Skype on Vassal. About to start FT 150, Storm Over Champagne
03-20-2012, 09:25 PM,
Having a lot of fun with Memoir '44 at the moment. Would like to try Tide of Iron and Axis & Allies. Bought both and hope to find an opponent soon.
03-20-2012, 11:05 PM,
Which Axis & Allies did you buy? The original or one of the newer versions?
03-21-2012, 12:10 AM,
A&A 1942
03-21-2012, 08:12 AM,
Two Hour Wargames FNG 2nd Tour.
(miniature rule set played as a board game with either Vassal or Map Tools)

BTW, their core rule sets for modern and or medieval are free.

http://www.twohourwargames.com/
Send this user an email
03-21-2012, 08:40 AM,
I´m member of a boardgame club here, in Spain. We play from Carcassonne to ASL. This friday night we will replay a classic. A game of World in flames (ADG). Scenario "Lebensraun", beginning in may-june 1941 and I play the USSR (hard begin, I thinkShark. I hope that USA player has good entry chits.Jester
03-21-2012, 07:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2012, 07:31 PM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
Four guys on a Friday night playing Totaler Krieg. We are running through the latest version that can link Europe and the Pacific.

Europe, North Africa, and the Eastern Soviet Union.
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/32989...aler-krieg

Pacific
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/32990...-dai-senso

It looks great, though I liked the earlier versions of Totaler Krieg better. Revisions to create a link between Europe and the Pacific (so all of WWII can be played at army group/corps level) have unbalanced the game, especially if only playing the European side.
It will take a couple of years of playing to get used to the new rules and how they changed the game.

cheers

HSL
04-04-2012, 07:26 AM,
I just had my first game of Fighting Formations this weekend. It is a bit convoluted at first but by the end I was getting the flow and think I will like it...just not sure if I will like it enough to buy it. It does have some inovative mechanics. I downloaded the vassal module to do some solo tinkering as I read over the rule book (both are downloadable).

I also purchased a solo game yesterday, DVG's Field Commander Rommel. I have not played it yet but looks like a fun way to spend an evening. This is the deluxe version with mounted maps. Everything is of high quality. The negatives (without playing it yet) are the maps are a bit dull...but not bad and the markers have their front sides printed on the back (flat part) of the chit...which is odd and I am guessing is a printing mistake...but of course does not affect the game play.