• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

fow
03-14-2012, 10:10 AM,
fow
man
this fow sure does make attacking tough.can never be sure what is out there.makes it more exciting....one more move and.......Helmet Wink
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2012, 10:57 AM,
RE: fow
If you have them, make sure you are using your air recon assets. Also units with a "recon" tag will help you gain information on the enemy. Also look at the "patrolling" function.

Good luck.
03-14-2012, 11:21 AM,
could be worse...

Play with optional rule "Delayed Disruption Reporting" on...

:tank5:

03-14-2012, 11:28 AM,
(03-14-2012, 10:57 AM)Al Wrote: If you have them, make sure you are using your air recon assets. Also units with a "recon" tag will help you gain information on the enemy. Also look at the "patrolling" function.

Good luck.

how does the patrolling command work?Big Grin
03-14-2012, 11:41 AM,
(03-14-2012, 11:28 AM)smurf309 Wrote:
(03-14-2012, 10:57 AM)Al Wrote: If you have them, make sure you are using your air recon assets. Also units with a "recon" tag will help you gain information on the enemy. Also look at the "patrolling" function.

Good luck.

It's under the "Command" menu at the top. From the manual...

It is possible to put a unit with men (not vehicles or guns and not HQ units) into a Patrolling state. To do this requires the full movement allowance of the unit and the unit cannot be Broken. While Patrolling, the unit will negate the ability of any Partisan unit within Deception range of having any Deception effects. In addition, a Patrolling unit will be able to spot any enemy unit within 2 hexes, regardless of line-of-sight restrictions. While in a Patrolling state, a unit has a 3/4 assault and fire value. It costs 1/2 of the movement allowance of the unit to recall Patrols. This is done automatically when the unit moves

03-14-2012, 12:18 PM,
(03-14-2012, 11:41 AM)Al Wrote:
(03-14-2012, 11:28 AM)smurf309 Wrote:

Good luck.

It's under the "Command" menu at the top. From the manual...

It is possible to put a unit with men (not vehicles or guns and not HQ units) into a Patrolling state. To do this requires the full movement allowance of the unit and the unit cannot be Broken. While Patrolling, the unit will negate the ability of any Partisan unit within Deception range of having any Deception effects. In addition, a Patrolling unit will be able to spot any enemy unit within 2 hexes, regardless of line-of-sight restrictions. While in a Patrolling state, a unit has a 3/4 assault and fire value. It costs 1/2 of the movement allowance of the unit to recall Patrols. This is done automatically when the unit moves

thanks

think i will send some patrols out...................Big Grin2
03-15-2012, 07:26 AM,
Very helpful on night turns when you need to look for your opponent sneaking up on you, also you can spot crafty night time bridge building attempts! ;)
03-16-2012, 04:32 AM,
I really should know the answer to this already, but what I've always wondered is whether my opponent in a pbem game can see that one of my units that it's adjacent to is sending out patrols during a night turn.

And the flip side of that is, again during a night turn, if one of my units is patrolling and spots and can see an enemy unit two hexes away, can the enemy unit see him back?

I've been in situations where I was pretty sure I knew where the enemy was, but didn't want to advertise my presence by having him bump into my patrols.

Is patrolling a two-way street? Can you tell by looking at it that an enemy unit has weakened itself by sending out patrols?
History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.
03-16-2012, 04:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2012, 04:41 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
I don't know for sure, but i think that if a unit is in patrol mode it can spot a enemy unit at two hex's range at night or when there is a blocked LOS, however if the other unit is not in patrol mode the reverse is not the case and the act of patrolling does not give a units position away..
03-16-2012, 09:52 AM,
As Foul stated, unless the enemy unit is patrolling it can't see you back. I am not sure, however, if a patrolling unit will show that way to an adjacent enemy unit. I think it will but would have to run a test to see for sure.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]