• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Returning Player Needs Help on Latest Version of CS
03-10-2012, 06:39 AM,
c_Question Mark  Returning Player Needs Help on Latest Version of CS
Hi to all! I have not played CS since 2004, and I am interested in getting "Back in the Action"! Helmet Wink

I would appreciate it if someone would tell me what is the current software for CS that I should be using. Also, are the Old CS Disks from 2004 still compatible with the current software. The disks I have from 2004 were Europe in Flames, Disk 1/WF and 2 EF II. Disk 2 has an update V1.02.

Thanks for your help and have a great day. Big Grin
Ivan/Shep!The "HOG Ranger and Balkan Warrior" Still Riding the "Winds of Change" on the Dubrovnik Front!
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2012, 07:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-10-2012, 07:19 AM by Scud.)
RE: Returning Player Needs Help on Latest Version of CS
Hi Shep,

Welcome back! The new game can be found here: http://www.matrixgames.com/products/318/...ign.Series

Buy it, install and update it to version 1.04. You can buy a downloadable version, or for a little more a boxed version plus the download. They include all the old scenarios and a lot of new ones. WF, EF and RS all included in one package and you no longer need the CD in the drive to play the games.

Many new features and unit/weaponry types. I think you're going to love it. Some of the new optional rules, like extreme assault (EA) and variably visibility (VV) can be turned on or off at the beginning of a game, depending on your preferences.

The old Talonsoft CS games don't work with the new versions of Windows. If you have an older operating sytem you can still use them, but you'll probably have problems finding guys to play. I'd advise you buy the Matrix versions and be compatible with the rest of us.

Again, welcome back!

Scud
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
03-10-2012, 07:33 AM,
Hey Shep! Smoke7

Welcome back to CS and the Blitz!!!! Big Grin2
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
03-10-2012, 08:02 AM,
Thanks Scud and Kool Cat!

Thanks for the info and I will buy the matrix version for sure! I have Vista! Will that work OK with the Matrix Version of CS! Thanks again!
Ivan/Shep!The "HOG Ranger and Balkan Warrior" Still Riding the "Winds of Change" on the Dubrovnik Front!
03-10-2012, 08:08 AM,
Yes, works with Vista, however, some have had issues with white flashes when scrolling. There's a fix, though, that's pretty simple. If it happens to you after you get all installed, post again and I'll find the "fix" for you.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
03-12-2012, 01:40 AM,
welcome back.