• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

release problem
02-29-2012, 05:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-29-2012, 06:01 AM by jonnymacbrown.)
release problem
I have units in a game that, do to a bug, might not ever release. If I carpet bomb them will they release? Crazy

Basically there is no alternative: It's 1/2 of a vital Army and if one unit releases from being carpet bombed I'm hoping they might all release.
Quote this message in a reply
02-29-2012, 06:19 AM,
RE: release problem
No it takes an enemy unit in sight at the start of a turn to trigger a release.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
02-29-2012, 08:19 AM,
Are you talking about our France'40 campaign?

If it's the case i can sacrify an unit to make your troops release, contact me by mail to discuss that
02-29-2012, 08:22 AM,
(02-29-2012, 08:19 AM)Arkan Wrote: Are you talking about our France'40 campaign?

If it's the case i can sacrify an unit to make your troops release, contact me by mail to discuss that

No. Just be careful about French corps attachments in the 1st 2 days; there could be problems. Jester
02-29-2012, 08:25 AM,
What do you mean exactly?

If a change an unit attachment the unit can be fixed?
02-29-2012, 08:30 AM,
(02-29-2012, 08:25 AM)Arkan Wrote: What do you mean exactly?

If a change an unit attachment the unit can be fixed?

Some units become fixed after the start of the game. If you switch their corps before they are released again, they might become permanently fixed. Crazy
02-29-2012, 08:33 AM,
Thanks for the tip. Soon we will have the first night with the first possibility of assignement changes. I will be carefull. Big Grin
02-29-2012, 12:01 PM,
Well, I consider it a cheat to put divisions under a corps just to get them released, but in the case being discussed here, it is necessary because the release of the parent corps was missed. Yikes
Send this user an email
02-29-2012, 12:09 PM,
(02-29-2012, 12:01 PM)Volcano Man Wrote: Well, I consider it a cheat to put divisions under a corps just to get them released, but in the case being discussed here, it is necessary because the release of the parent corps was missed. Yikes

I wasn't doing that nor thinking that way; way too complicated. The 7th Army is far to the rear preparing for Wellington's invasion and enjoying some brisk wine on the Bay of Biscay: It is all spread out and I was trying to get things organized and I ended up shooting myself in the foot! CrazyHelmet Rolleyes
02-29-2012, 12:17 PM,
Ah, so the bug was with the player, not the game?
[Image: exercise.png]