• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Complete Newbie Saying Hi!
02-26-2012, 05:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-26-2012, 05:43 AM by Redvers Buller.)
Complete Newbie Saying Hi!
Hello all - I've been lurking around the forums for a few days, checking things out and you seem to have quite a dedicated and friendly bunch here.

I'm not completely new to wargaming, but it's been a while, and I certainly don't have the experience that many of you do. However, you don't get better if you don't try - so here I am.

I've never played PBEM, but have read up on how to do it in the manual and the various tutorials out there, so I'd like to give it a shot (ummm...no pun intended).

I've only recently discovered the HPS/John Tiller series of games and they have rekindled my interest in turn-based gaming. So far I've only purchased two titles - Falklands and France '14. Haven't really gotten far with the latter yet - there's a lot to learn (and I do realize this isn't the section of the forum for that title), but have really been enjoying Falklands recently. I'm looking forward to getting some of the other SB titles, they all seem very interesting!

So, if someone is looking for a game (and doesn't mind an easy Major Victory Big Laugh ) then let me know where we start. I'm not too fussy about scenario or sides - although I have been sticking mostly to the smaller scenarios and the British side against the AI - but I'm fine with whatever you'd like.

Looking forward to meeting and fighting against some of you soon...

Geoff
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2012, 05:45 AM,
RE: Complete Newbie Saying Hi!
[Image: 4fcf2cf64095.gif]
02-26-2012, 06:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-26-2012, 06:31 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
(02-26-2012, 05:42 AM)Redvers Buller Wrote: I've never played PBEM, but have read up on how to do it in the manual and the various tutorials out there, so I'd like to give it a shot (ummm...no pun intended).
Geoff,
Hello and welcome, i case you missed my PBEM article it is located here https://www.theblitz.club/articles/Artic...show&id=95

I don't play SB but good luck with finding an opponent, it is a good idea to start with small scenarios until you fully learn the system. Big Grin
02-26-2012, 06:57 AM,
Thank you both for the welcome! And thanks, Foul, for the link to the tutorial - it's very well laid out.
02-26-2012, 07:27 AM,
Welcome Geoff!

I am kind of a newbie too. I have about 4 weeks under my belt as a PBEM
player.

Enjoy the place as the guys here are awesome and have been very helpful to meThumbs Up

Ed
aka Richie61
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
02-26-2012, 09:48 AM,
Welcome, fairly new here as well, so far a great community with plenty of answers and no drama. Enjoy!
'Pedites Pugnas Decernent'
02-26-2012, 10:57 AM,
Feel free to send me a file
02-27-2012, 02:26 AM,
Thanks for the welcome Ed and Grofaz!

And thanks for the offer of a game, tallin, I have sent you a file (I think, lol).
02-27-2012, 07:29 AM,
Feel free to ask me any questions you might have about Falklands. I would be happy to try and answer them for you.

Jeff

jefferyconner AT suddenlink DOT com
02-27-2012, 08:15 AM,
(02-27-2012, 07:29 AM)Jeff Conner Wrote: Feel free to ask me any questions you might have about Falklands. I would be happy to try and answer them for you.

Jeff

jefferyconner AT suddenlink DOT com

Hi Jeff, that's a very kind offer - and I'll be sure to take you up on it if need be. I'm a bit of a student of that conflict and was very happy (and surprised) to find a game specifically dealing with it. All I can say right now is that I'm quite impressed with the work you've done!

Thanks,
Geoff