• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Date set for the arrival of my reinforcements
02-16-2012, 05:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-17-2012, 07:15 AM by Kool Kat.)
Off Topic  Date set for the arrival of my reinforcements
The twin boys will be born on March 9, 2012, at 0930, assuming nothing untoward happens in the mean time.

Stress levels high at this end. Will have 3 under 3 and still no regular job - hung out my own shingle, and while that is marginally keeping us afloat, the economy has got to improve or I'm not even going to be able to pull a "Draw" out of this one.

Don't get me wrong, guys, I'm blessed to be looking forward to two big, healthy baby boys - just feeling stress that I cannot provide for them the way I want to when that's something I've always prided myself on.

Best regards all,

Larry Reese
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2012, 05:22 PM,
RE: Date set for the arrival of my reinforcements
(02-16-2012, 05:13 PM)Larry Reese Wrote: The twin boys will be born on March 9, 2012, at 0930, assuming nothing untoward happens in the mean time.

Stress levels high at this end. Will have 3 under 3 and still no regular job - hung out my own shingle, and while that is marginally keeping us afloat, the economy has got to improve or I'm not even going to be able to pull a "Draw" out of this one.

Don't get me wrong, guys, I'm blessed to be looking forward to two big, healthy baby boys - just feeling stress that I cannot provide for them the way I want to when that's something I've always prided myself on.

Best regards all,

Larry Reese

I will be holding thumbs and sending best wishes for you and yours.
Send this user an email
02-16-2012, 11:07 PM,
Good luck. I assume your situation was better 9 months ago?

I already decided not to have kids, not with the way the world is going with over 7 Billion souls and financial and job uncertainty nowadays.

02-17-2012, 01:35 AM,
Hold on! All worries will go away when they will appear (mayby because there will be no time for that ;)) I know because my son was born on 8th of February.

Party
02-17-2012, 02:36 AM,
(02-17-2012, 01:35 AM)von Manstein Wrote: Hold on! All worries will go away when they will appear (mayby because there will be no time for that ;)) I know because my son was born on 8th of February.

Party

Congratulations von Manstein, Good Luck!
Send this user an email
02-17-2012, 03:45 AM,
I wish, Larry, those reinforsements don't meet any ambushes on their way and arrive safly. You are a good player and will be able to provide all nessesary cover for them. Enjoyment always goes next to worries. If there is no worries - there is no joy. I pray you win this one!

cheers
02-17-2012, 05:38 AM,
Congratulations Larry!

Your family and new arrivals will be in my prayers.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
02-17-2012, 09:06 AM,
Congrats Larry.
You do things in a big way?

:congrads:

If we did not have kids because we thought we could not afford them, many would not have them?
You will all benefit in the long run?

Cheers4

HSL
02-17-2012, 01:18 PM,
Kids don't know rich from poor unless you stop loving them. You kids will be rich forever.

March 9. Party at the Blitz!! :smoke4:

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
02-18-2012, 12:45 AM,
The worries will never stop, that's just part of being a parent who gives a damn. Jobs etc, screw it. We;ve never had much over the years, but we somehow found a way to raise two sons. Without realising it, you already know how to make the sacrifices that are next to nothing compared with giving your child a new pair of shoes or a bike or whatever. People can laugh or make all the jokes they want along the way, but you can find some very good and useful things at thrift stores as well that other much more fortunate people have tossed aside because they don't know what it's like to worry as much as others. It may seem hard now, but in the end after it's all behind you, you will realise just how easy it was to sacrifice for your kids. It's a good thing for games like Campaign Series and PzCs that are virtually endless. I went years without being able to buy a new game, I still have a few shirts and my trusty ripped sleave Miami Dolphins winter coat I've been wearing for twenty years. I do have clothes that are much newer, but as long as I have a use for the others, and I hear stuff about them every once in awhile, I am still the one to decide when I have gotten my money's worth out of them.

So, congrats on the new arrivals for all and don't worry too much about the other stuff. With or without help, ya'll will find a way to get by until things get better.