• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SB Campaign Games
02-15-2012, 06:07 AM,
a_Arrow  SB Campaign Games
Has any one here played SB Campaigns?

Is playing the SB Campaigns just like the other series in which losses carry over and depending on the outcome of the battle, dictates what scenario you play next?

Do you also get to select different strategies at the beginning which decides which scenarios you will play?

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2012, 12:34 PM,
RE: SB Campaign Games
(02-15-2012, 06:07 AM)Checkmate King 2 Wrote: Has any one here played SB Campaigns?

Not really.

Quote:Is playing the SB Campaigns just like the other series in which losses carry over and depending on the outcome of the battle, dictates what scenario you play next?

My understanding is that one particular leader is the person that carries over from scenario to scenario. If that leader gets killed, the Campaign is over.

Quote:Do you also get to select different strategies at the beginning which decides which scenarios you will play?

They are a set series of scenarios
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
02-23-2012, 02:13 PM,
The campaign editor in Squad Battles is not real strong. They are basically a set of linked scenarios. There is a leader character that is present in each scenario. If this leader is killed, than the campaign is over. Unlike the campaigns in the Napoleonic and Civil War games, the outcome of each scenario does not affect the following scenario; losses are not carried over and there is not a scenario tree that changes which scenario follows depending upon who won.

Often, the scenarios included in the campaign are also included in the scenario list. This gives you an opportunity to play them without the campaign engine. If they are not included, you can start your campaign at any of the scenarios, hence, picking which scenario you want to play (but you will have to make sure that the character leader does not get killed).

Hope that answers your question.

Jeff
02-28-2012, 03:32 PM,
Personally, I love the campaign function in the SB series. If done right, the narrative can tell a story and make you feel like you are progressing through a campaign. The trouble is however, that, with some exceptions of course, for the most part not a lot of time seems to get invested in making campaigns. Rather in most cases they are just a couple of scenarios that appear in the regular list. I really think the most important part of the campaign is the text between battles -- it makes or breaks the experience.

Personally I have trouble sitting down randomly picking a scenario out of a list and prefer to have the scenarios presented to me in a campaign, but to each his own I guess. ;)

Send this user an email