• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Should I change the Forest height/graphic?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Leave as is
0%
0 0%
Make the size at least half
100.00%
4 100.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Korean terrain proposal
02-13-2012, 12:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2012, 03:49 AM by Warhorse.)
c_Question Mark  Korean terrain proposal
Hey folks, I've been making a map of the Chi'yong-ni area, to replace the original, since now there is Google Earth, which I didn't have when I first started this game. I began to be troubled by the size of the forests, when I was in Korea 30 years after the war, and looking at pictures of the Korean War, which I have tons of, I think the height/graphic of "Forest" needs to be shortened, and graphic less dense. The trees I'm seeing are more scrubby in nature, currently the game assigns a height of 25meters, or 82 feet, I think this should be about half, at least. Any thoughts?

A Visual;

Before-
[Image: Before.jpg]

And After-
[Image: After.jpg]

And new brush?-
[Image: brush.jpg]

Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2012, 01:23 AM,
RE: Korean terrain proposal
Does it effect how the game plays or just visual representation?
02-13-2012, 02:04 AM,
Both, the LOS would be different, and the visual. The concealment, TEM, and Morale Mod would remain the same.

Mike
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

02-13-2012, 03:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2012, 03:01 AM by Big Ivan.)
Hey Mike,

I can't answer either way regarding the height without seeing how it looks in a finished scenario. I am so use to the 25m as set in the engine from long ago.

My problem is with the new height will it affect game play as it relates to hiding behind the obsticle rather than in it.

As for the visual look of the graphic I would suggest changing it to more represent the scrubby trees. This is suppose to be as real as we can get to Korea.

Also would like to add a request here regarding brush. Would it be possible to change the color or graphic of brush a bit so it stands out better against the background? Also can the density be increased so that it doesn't look like bush in clumps? I know I might be asking a lot here but I am really loving your KW Mod! You did good mister!!

In fact Huib and I are tackling his recent creation the Kim River scenario. Looks to be one heck of a battle when it gets going!

Thanks

Ivan the Big:smoke2:
02-13-2012, 03:10 AM,
(02-13-2012, 03:00 AM)Ivan The Big Wrote: Hey Mike,

I can't answer either way regarding the height without seeing how it looks in a finished scenario. I am so use to the 25m as set in the engine from long ago.

My problem is with the new height will it affect game play as it relates to hiding behind the obsticle rather than in it.

As for the visual look of the graphic I would suggest changing it to more represent the scrubby trees. This is suppose to be as real as we can get to Korea.

Also would like to add a request here regarding brush. Would it be possible to change the color or graphic of brush a bit so it stands out better against the background? Also can the density be increased so that it doesn't look like bush in clumps? I know I might be asking a lot here but I am really loving your KW Mod! You did good mister!!

In fact Huib and I are tackling his recent creation the Kim River scenario. Looks to be one heck of a battle when it gets going!

Thanks

No problem, Talonsoft and then Matrix just used the 25m height across the board in every engine, although vegetation is not all created equal!

I would like to change the brush graphic as well, thanks for bringing that up, not sure what yet, but will work on it, that one bugs me to no end!!

Thanks for the input, oh, and I provided a set of screenies in first post for reference.

Meine Ehre heisst Treue

02-13-2012, 04:46 AM,
To represent most historical LOS conditions on hills, trees of 25 metres are too high. This is true for all CS games and problematic in scenario designing. I just never had the idea to ask it to be changed. Good idea Mike!

Huib
02-13-2012, 05:24 AM,
As this is a Korea Mod, I would suggest you mod it the way you see it best fits in! Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
02-13-2012, 05:31 AM,
Cool, I'm gonna go ahead with it then, I like the new brush better also!! Thanks for the input!

Mike
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

02-13-2012, 05:59 AM,
Nice Mike,

Wooo Hooo! I'm liking that brush a lot better! Be curious to see it in snow or barren if you got.

The trees are also an improvement in my opinion. A little more scraggly looking and a bit less dense.

Feel like I am standing in Korea!!Helmet Smile

02-13-2012, 08:07 AM,
Thanks!!

I'm hoping to get this done either tonight or tomorrow, have to do all 4 files though, so little time consuming, then change height in Main file. Doing the Brown now, then Barren, Snow.

Mike
Meine Ehre heisst Treue