• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenarios by Larry Reese Offered for Play and Testing
01-22-2012, 04:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-04-2012, 05:48 PM by Larry Reese.)
Scenarios by Larry Reese Offered for Play and Testing
The following scenarios are available in this packet. As noted, some are more polished than others, but they are being offered for play and critique by all in conformity with The Blitz Wargaming Club’s official stance on receiving points or other credit for the time play testers put into testing such designs.

Most all of these are large and suitable as team games as well. A one line blurb is provided below for each scenario, please see the text that accompanies the scenario in the scenario selection box for the complete scoop on the scenario. (The titles listed below are the file names, not the scenario names – all come with bitmap images and some have Word files with additional design notes.)

1. Orsha2 – 1941 German offensive in vicinity of Orsha. Can you do as well as Guderian did?

2. Bogdukov – 1943, this is a mid-war mobile battle taking place near the end of Soviet exploitation in the Belgorod area after their Kursk victory. German panzer divisions counterattacking Soviet spearheads. VP placement and totals are not yet settled.

3. Ukraine – 1943, Soviet spear head counterattacked by German panzer division, east/central Ukraine. VP placement and totals not yet settled.

4. The Praetorians – 1944, hypothetical clash of full strength Mechanized Corps. And Panzer division during Bagration in fighting west of Vilnius. VP placement and totals not yet settled.

5. Offensive – 1944, Soviet offensive into western Ukraine counterattacked by German armored corps. Fine tuning of VPs still underway.

6. Orsha3 – 1944, German offensive in vicinity of Orsha. Companion to the 1941 Orsha scenario. The changes between the armies in the intervening years are dramatic. VP totals are not yet settled.

7. Ozorkow – 1945, Hypothetical German offensive into Poland in late 1945 after separate peace with the West. VP placement and totals not yet settled.

8. Russian Push – 1945 – war between Russia and the Western Allies. Can the Allies stop the Soviet sneak attack? This is a WEST FRONT scenario. VP placement and totals not yet settled; not completely happy with map though it conforms to actual region pretty well.

If you’d like to see them, just let me know. All feedback and critique, as well as game reports, welcome.

Best regards,

Larry Reese

There are several other scenarios that are too rough at this point to offer for play.

Attached Files
.zip   Bogdukhov.zip (Size: 114.85 KB / Downloads: 12)
.zip   ThePraetorians.zip (Size: 52.54 KB / Downloads: 16)
.zip   Ozorkow.zip (Size: 67.83 KB / Downloads: 10)
.zip   Orsha3.zip (Size: 137.97 KB / Downloads: 10)
.zip   Ukraine.zip (Size: 98.21 KB / Downloads: 12)
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2012, 04:58 PM,
RE: Scenarios by Larry Reese Offered for Play and Testing
(01-22-2012, 04:36 PM)Larry Reese Wrote: The following scenarios are available in this packet. As noted, some are more polished than others, but they are being offered for play and critique by all in conformity with The Blitz Wargaming Club’s official stance on receiving points or other credit for the time play testers put into testing such designs.

Most all of these are large and suitable as team games as well. A one line blurb is provided below for each scenario, please see the text that accompanies the scenario in the scenario selection box for the complete scoop on the scenario. (The titles listed below are the file names, not the scenario names – all come with bitmap images and some have Word files with additional design notes.)

1. Orsha2 – 1941 German offensive in vicinity of Orsha. Can you do as well as Guderian did?

2. Bogdukov – 1943, this is a mid-war mobile battle taking place near the end of Soviet exploitation in the Belgorod area after their Kursk victory. German panzer divisions counterattacking Soviet spearheads. VP placement and totals are not yet settled.

3. Ukraine – 1943, Soviet spear head counterattacked by German panzer division, east/central Ukraine. VP placement and totals not yet settled.

4. The Praetorians – 1944, hypothetical clash of full strength Mechanized Corps. And Panzer division during Bagration in fighting west of Vilnius. VP placement and totals not yet settled.

5. Offensive – 1944, Soviet offensive into western Ukraine counterattacked by German armored corps. Fine tuning of VPs still underway.

6. Orsha3 – 1944, German offensive in vicinity of Orsha. Companion to the 1941 Orsha scenario. The changes between the armies in the intervening years are dramatic. VP totals are not yet settled.

7. Ozorkow – 1945, Hypothetical German offensive into Poland in late 1945 after separate peace with the West. VP placement and totals not yet settled.

8. Russian Push – 1945 – war between Russia and the Western Allies. Can the Allies stop the Soviet sneak attack? This is a WEST FRONT scenario. VP placement and totals not yet settled; not completely happy with map though it conforms to actual region pretty well.

If you’d like to see them, just let me know. All feedback and critique, as well as game reports, welcome.

Best regards,

Larry Reese

There are several other scenarios that are too rough at this point to offer for play.

I would really like to see them.
Send this user an email
01-22-2012, 05:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-22-2012, 05:57 PM by Death~Dealer.)
Hi Larry-

I'm interested, can you send them to my email?
01-22-2012, 06:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-22-2012, 06:07 PM by zap.)
Hi Larry,

I still have your scenario, which, I was helping you test. "Crossing the Ner river" What do you want to do with that?
01-22-2012, 08:26 PM,
Larry, how's your Petsamo-Kirkenes scenario faring? Would love to see that one completed...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-22-2012, 08:31 PM,
(01-22-2012, 04:58 PM)Ashcloud Wrote:
(01-22-2012, 04:36 PM)Larry Reese Wrote: The following scenarios are available in this packet. As noted, some are more polished than others, but they are being offered for play and critique by all in conformity with The Blitz Wargaming Club’s official stance on receiving points or other credit for the time play testers put into testing such designs.

Best regards,

Larry Reese

I would really like to see them.

How and where do we get it?
Send this user an email
01-23-2012, 07:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2012, 07:41 AM by Larry Reese.)
(01-22-2012, 04:58 PM)Ashcloud Wrote: I would really like to see them.

Please send me an e-mail address and which ones you want and I'll send them to you ASAP. Mine is below.

(01-22-2012, 05:56 PM)RD_DeathDealer Wrote: Hi Larry-

I'm interested, can you send them to my email?

Hey there RD; I'll send them to your box my friend. All, RD was one of the previous play testers on the Offensive scenario; my thanks to you. You might ask him his impressions, etc..., if you'd like to consider playing that particular scenario. A note on the scenario in its current condition though: I am experimenting with exit VP hexes for the Germans as well as the Russians (to promote timely withdrawal). This version has not been extensively tested - if you'd like to play the scenario the way it has been predominantly tested in the past, just ignore (or remove) those two German exit VP hexes. I think the game plays pretty good either way, but the German exit hexes may throw some people off; and they have not been exhaustively tested - at extremes they might throw off the VP total calculations.

Also, on that topic, von Manstein has been extensively helping play test the Orsha 1941 scenario. If you want an unbiased opinion of it in its current form, I'm sure he'd give it to you if you want to ask.

(01-22-2012, 06:06 PM)zap Wrote: Hi Larry,

I still have your scenario, which, I was helping you test. "Crossing the Ner river" What do you want to do with that?

Zap! I thought I'd reached out an contacted all my old opponents and play testers - evidently not. My apologies, my friend. If you are still willing to finish off the Ozorkow scenario I'll get the turn out to you ASAP. If you're tired of it or have moved along after the long delay, I completely understand. Again, I'm sorry I lost you in the shuffle.

(01-22-2012, 08:26 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: Larry, how's your Petsamo-Kirkenes scenario faring? Would love to see that one completed...

Me too, Kat. Thank you for asking. I've been busting my A with other things in the real world (still really really tough here) and have not been able to touch it. I'd really like to though - I think it would be great fun. Maybe in the next few weeks I can spend a few days working on it. It's one of the ones I mentioned in the original post that are "not ready for prime time." I've actually toyed with the idea of scaling it down some since the vast map is what is really holding me up. However, when the two new boys arrive in the next 6 or 7 weeks, all scenario design will likely be put on a hold (as well as many games, I'm afraid, though I'm going to try my best not to have to stop completely).

Anyone interested can send me their e-mail address at [email protected] along with a list of what they'd like to see and I'll send it out.

I am particularly proud of Offensive and Orsha 1941, in the sense that I think they're the most completed and have given people the most fun. And again, I'm very much desirous of all feedback - without we can't grow or improve.

LR

01-23-2012, 08:07 AM,
Hi Larry,

I did recieve your e-mail. And knowing your situation. I think its best to let you concentrate on life. I will offer my time to test one of your scenarios to who would be interested.
Thanks for the honor of testing one of your scenarios.

I did not realize the scenario name you posted above was the same one we were playing. The best to you.

01-23-2012, 09:41 AM,
Email sent, I can't promise to look at them all soon but thanks for making them available to be played. cheers

01-23-2012, 02:08 PM,
Files out to most. Please confirm receipt. I probably need to upload to the file repository here at the Blitz, too. Is there a quick and simple way of doing that?

Phil, thank you for the kind words; the honor is mine. I just want folks to have fun with them; I think they're a little different "taste" than most scenarios.

Best regards all,

LR