• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

TRIPLE Edit: FIXED and FIXED again New versions gone up..no more updates!
01-19-2012, 07:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2012, 02:18 PM by Wodin.)
News  TRIPLE Edit: FIXED and FIXED again New versions gone up..no more updates!
It was brought to my attention that the symbols for Russian guards and German airborne had the Obj drop shadow missing.

Also I've now included new unit bmps for those who don't like seeing the back of a soldier..two Germans have been replaced, one I've added a slight wound to his face, looks good...not over the top.

If you have both games and use both mods and already downloaded them then just download the RV update as it has new face bmps for both games in a separate folder..plus just copy and paste the German airborne counter symbol for RV and the Russian guards for both games.

All fixed and working Link to AotR

Please please god final link to RV mod

If someone can post over at The Wargamer about it and the new links...thanks.

IF there are any faces people really hate and I can change them and most people don't like them for whatever reason I'm willing to do another bmp version, though I don't have an untold collection of faces....;)

Just noticed looking at the screenies over at The wargamer the symbol set seemed wrong..so fixed it.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2012, 08:55 AM,
RE: RV and AotR Mod Fix and..
(01-19-2012, 07:19 AM)Wodin Wrote: ...
IF there are any faces people really hate and I can change them and most people don't like them for whatever reason I'm willing to do another bmp version, though I don't have an untold collection of faces....;)

Wodin these are great, I really like the new pics (well new to SqB). One thing I have noticed, on certain faces there is a yellowing or washing out. This probably stems from the original book scan from being lighter than normal. I think Ed's (volcanoman) solution was to raise the contrast during editing to get all the features darker.
Otherwise, I'm using this mod and like it.

Marc
01-19-2012, 10:15 AM,
I did increase the contrast on a few as some where really faint..also some copies had severe lines in them...so i had to mess around with it to give it a slightly more painted look which got rid of them...In the ES mod I will keep an eye out but it's to much work really to go back and redo them...as the quality of the images was very poor for a few of them...Osprey now has all the image\plates online but you have to subscribe and I'm sure the quality is superb...

Anyway been told about a Russian facing wrong way...so just going to sort it out then will re upload..so hold you horses!

(01-19-2012, 08:55 AM)Bayonet Wrote:
(01-19-2012, 07:19 AM)Wodin Wrote: ...

Wodin these are great, I really like the new pics (well new to SqB). One thing I have noticed, on certain faces there is a yellowing or washing out. This probably stems from the original book scan from being lighter than normal. I think Ed's (volcanoman) solution was to raise the contrast during editing to get all the features darker.
Otherwise, I'm using this mod and like it.

Marc

Send this user an email
01-19-2012, 10:43 AM,
Actually I will darken those up I think need it but it will only be the ones in the info box. As I doubt it will make to much difference to the counter ones..

If you can list the ones that are particular bad..that would be great..I'm going to upload the new bmp soon with the Russian facing the right way..aswell as two Russian counters darkened up...see if you can see which two..
Send this user an email
01-19-2012, 11:53 AM,
Well I darkened up three Russians as a tester see if you spot them;)

Also changed the Russian with his back to us to another face.

If you've noticed I've had to use some Dragon figures pics for some faces as I didn't have a huge range to choose from and some just weren't either good quality or obviously generals and such..I had a good Russian mountain trooper who looks cool but wouldn't fit in to the scenarios for instance.

Final link to final release..for AotR

Final link to final release RV
Send this user an email
01-19-2012, 12:25 PM,
(01-19-2012, 11:53 AM)Wodin Wrote: Well I darkened up three Russians as a tester see if you spot them;)

Also changed the Russian with his back to us to another face.

If you've noticed I've had to use some Dragon figures pics for some faces as I didn't have a huge range to choose from and some just weren't either good quality or obviously generals and such..I had a good Russian mountain trooper who looks cool but wouldn't fit in to the scenarios for instance.

Final link to final release..for AotR

Final link to final release RV

I am NOT asking you to change it, but I don't like this guy.
[Image: ussr1k.jpg]

He kind of looks like a "Fly" or maybe one of the "Sand people" from Stars Wars Big Laugh

"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
01-19-2012, 12:42 PM,
Major issue with new german faces..need touching up abit lots of pink pixels!!.jesus I've sent redmike about four versions so far..so hold on.

I shall change that Russian aswell...though I'm fast running out of faces..he is a motorbike rider I believe.
Send this user an email
01-19-2012, 12:48 PM,
(01-19-2012, 12:42 PM)Wodin Wrote: Major issue with new german faces..need touching up abit lots of pink pixels!!.jesus I've sent redmike about four versions so far..so hold on.

I shall change that Russian aswell...though I'm fast running out of faces..he is a motorbike rider I believe.

Don't feel you need to update him because of me. I just kill him off first.
His eyes creep me out LMAO

Big Grin

01-19-2012, 01:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2012, 01:51 PM by Wodin.)
(01-19-2012, 12:42 PM)Wodin Wrote: Major issue with new german faces..need touching up abit lots of pink pixels!!.jesus I've sent redmike about four versions so far..so hold on.

OK going up for download again..this will be the last time...hopefully.

He was wearing googles...abit mad max though I suppose..anyway this lot have a different face now...not the best drawing but I'm starting to scrap the barrel with the Russians.

OK all done links been updated
Send this user an email
01-19-2012, 01:54 PM,
(01-19-2012, 01:40 PM)Wodin Wrote:

OK going up for download again..this will be the last time...hopefully.

He was wearing googles...abit mad max though I suppose..anyway this lot have a different face now...not the best drawing but I'm starting to scrap the barrel with the Russians.

OK all done links been updated

Don't worry about it. You are doing a GREAT service to all of us and I am grateful to all your time and work involved in this project Salute3