• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Korean War...the depths of CS corporate memory.
01-10-2012, 09:29 AM,
Korean War...the depths of CS corporate memory.
Which I ask the club veterans to plumb. I vaguely recall a bug that caused lots of starshells and little wooden bridges to appear during replays. This may have been RS only. I am currently running 3 Korea games H2H...Kimpo Pork Chop and Relieving the 23rd, the latter less advanced than the other 2. The bizarre light and bridge show has not appeared in the latter. Disappears after the replay, and doesn't seem to affect subsequent play. Any thoughts?
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2012, 06:38 PM,
RE: Korean War...the depths of CS corporate memory.
At 1933 Tuesday, a chilly evening in Canberra, my opponent has just advised he cannot open Pork Chop and Kimpo. I double checked and the turns were closed. For your information.
01-10-2012, 07:20 PM,
I suspect both players are not on the same version.

Huib
01-11-2012, 01:01 AM,
Hello KKR,

I agree with Huib. If I recall correctly the problem you described happened back when JTCS went from 1.02 to 1.03 or 1.03 to 1.04.
If players had different versions then the starshell / bridge problem happened. It happened in all 3 fronts.

Double check that both you and your opponent have the 1.04 patch for Korean War mod installed.

It can be found here: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=60706

Thanx!

Hawk
01-11-2012, 05:48 AM,
Thanks,gents..that makes sense. Checking the Korea game,Version info refers to RS only which is 1.04.
01-11-2012, 06:03 AM,
(01-11-2012, 05:48 AM)K K Rossokolski Wrote: Thanks,gents..that makes sense. Checking the Korea game,Version info refers to RS only which is 1.04.

Rod,

You are on 1.04, otherwise we would have the same error in the 23rd game. I'm 100% sure I have 1.04 installed.

H
01-11-2012, 06:07 AM,
I am sure also that I have Korea 1.04 installed. What is strange is that the light show didn't start straightaway with Justin and I, but waited a number of turns.
01-11-2012, 07:24 AM,
(01-11-2012, 06:07 AM)K K Rossokolski Wrote: I am sure also that I have Korea 1.04 installed. What is strange is that the light show didn't start straightaway with Justin and I, but waited a number of turns.

Probably after you upgraded and he didn't?
01-11-2012, 07:27 AM,
That is certainly possible.
01-12-2012, 05:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2012, 05:22 AM by JRS.)
Fellas,

Thank you all for the help! It is clear that I am a bit behind the curve, regarding some of this computer wizardry stuff... I was able to update the Korean War version to 1.04, from the posted link... The thing works now!!! I owe you all a round of beers! Rod, the files will be sent to you shortly!

JRS
(Justin Scherlen)
As far as the starshells and bridges, I am not having those things inadvertently show up on my end...

JRS