• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Korean War Mod
12-23-2011, 12:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-26-2011, 02:40 AM by Warhorse.)
Korean War Mod
Hello all,

After spending 6-7 years making this mod over a few different versions, I decided to release this now. There are several scenario's, but most if not all of my help dwindled out after a few years, I suck at scenario's, and it seems there is little interest any more in CS in general. I'm hoping there are a few left out there that might play this and enjoy it for the tribute to combatants of all nations involved, which was my motivation. I had hoped to develop a working DCG also, but ran into problems, so I didn't include that. This is a self-contained game, download to a folder of your choice, but it requires that you already own and have an installed Rising Sun. Matrix Games is supposed to develop an official version of this in the future, but I am about to stop my modding and focus on developing graphics for the Modern Wars series for Matrix, which is what I'm supposed to be doing anyway. I spent way too much time on the K'talan venture, which appears to be a total flop, figures, what a waste of time. Hope someone will enjoy this last venture.... This file is 170+ mb in size, in case you have satellite internet, and have limited download times?

Link; https://rapidshare.com/files/478861229/Korean_WarRS.zip

Problems downloading from Rapidshare? Please email them at [email protected] with additional information like
which operating system you are using, which webbrowser and version also if java is up
to date and if they are using a script blocker.

Here are a list of the folks kind enough over the years to lend a hand, without there help this wouldn't have been possible-

David Galster
Chris Ratcliffe
George Smithson
Gary Christian
Mark McDougall
Lance Runolfsson
Erik A. Walraven
Chris Mee

Mike
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2011, 06:36 PM,
RE: Korean War Mod
Mike, although my machine is still out for JTCS, I will claim the first reported download. Hopefully I can have it up and running shortly. In the meantime my thanks for all the hard graft you put in. Like you, I believe interest in this great old game is declining, perhaps exponentially..but I am a pessimist.
Hope we're wrong.
In the meantime all the best to you and yours... and to all lovers of CS...for Christmas and the New Year. cheers
We have packed the grandkids off with their loot as the day draws to a close with thunderstorms over and around our city.
12-25-2011, 11:06 PM,
Thanks Rod!! I hope that I'm wrong, and it's just a lull in activity! I wanted to get this out years ago, but it just didn't happen, it could still use some finessing, but didn't want to dally any longer!!

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!!

Mike
12-25-2011, 11:25 PM,
Mike,

Like Rod I want to thank you.

Do the Chinese have armor?

Thanks for your work.

Merry Christmas.
12-25-2011, 11:37 PM,
(12-25-2011, 11:25 PM)Big Dawg Wrote: Mike,

Like Rod I want to thank you.

Do the Chinese have armor?

Thanks for your work.

Merry Christmas.

Thank you very much, and you're welcome! Yes, the Chinese have armor also, all the oob's are as detailed as I could get them, bought some very good books on the subject! I could've given the PLA some Japanese stuff also, but they never took it out of country into combat. as it was all in poor shape, so those aren't there, just the Soviet kit. I hope to do more with this, we'll see how it goes. Seems at least 15 people have it so far, hopefully some are designers!!

Mike
12-26-2011, 01:14 AM,
Mike,

Thanks for the Christmas present!!

The Korean War mode seems to work OK. I've already thrown together a little test scenario and it plays well!

I scanned through some of the other scenarios and units and I am liking what I see, nice job!

you da man!

Merry Christmas!

Ivan the Big:smoke:
12-26-2011, 02:02 AM,
Excellent Ivan!! Thanks so much for the feedback, that's very important, glad you are enjoying it!!

Merry Christmas!!

Mike
12-26-2011, 10:19 AM,
Mike, I have it going. It looks really good. Congratulations.
12-26-2011, 02:11 PM,
Awesome, thanks for checking it out Rod, I know YOU will enjoy it!!!

Mike
12-27-2011, 12:42 AM,
Mike,

I love the new vehicle sounds especially the trucks! I was wondering if you recorded that yourself as a passenger on a single tandem flatbed or found the sound files somewhere on the net?

When the leaders move it sounds like my old '96 Jeep Cherokee, that is cool!

I really like your mod, it has a lot of potential!

Happy Holidays!

Ivan the Big:smoke: