• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

youtube video
12-20-2011, 11:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-20-2011, 11:03 AM by smurf309.)
youtube video
hey

to all of our youtube guys.how about a video on how to do pbem on camera.....

smurf309
(12-20-2011, 11:01 AM)smurf309 Wrote: hey

to all of our youtube guys.how about a video on how to do pbem on camera.....

smurf309

you know us bootcamp guys can not march in a straight...

smurf309Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2011, 02:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-20-2011, 02:15 PM by Liebchen.)
RE: youtube video
Before we get all high tech and elaborate, reinventing the wheel and whatnot, let's try using the resources right here at the Blitz: https://www.theblitz.club/articles/Artic...show&id=95

:-D
12-20-2011, 03:56 PM,
(12-20-2011, 02:14 PM)Liebchen Wrote: Before we get all high tech and elaborate, reinventing the wheel and whatnot, let's try using the resources right here at the Blitz: https://www.theblitz.club/articles/Artic...show&id=95

Haha...spoken like a true grognard!!:smoke:
12-21-2011, 05:19 AM,
Looking at the PBEM tutorial in the above link, i see about 20% down the page there is a file listing for the receiving player to open the pbem file, BUt what I see there under the HPS folder is a folder called Leipzig.... Is that a old title, dumped title or secret club HPS game :). Ill pay top dollar to get it in...

Just wondering !
12-21-2011, 05:24 AM,
(12-21-2011, 05:19 AM)Witblitz Wrote: BUt what I see there under the HPS folder is a folder called Leipzig.... Is that a old title, dumped title or secret club HPS game :). Ill pay top dollar to get it in...

Just wondering !

http://johntillersoftware.com/Napoleonic...ipzig.html

12-21-2011, 06:21 AM,
(12-21-2011, 05:19 AM)Witblitz Wrote: Looking at the PBEM tutorial in the above link, i see about 20% down the page there is a file listing for the receiving player to open the pbem file, BUt what I see there under the HPS folder is a folder called Leipzig.... Is that a old title, dumped title or secret club HPS game :). Ill pay top dollar to get it in...

I don't really understand this post.

Where do you see the folder called Leipzig? Aren't you trying to play a Panzer Campaigns game?

The *.bte file (for the PzC games, this is what it's called, it's different for the Nappy titles) should be emailed to the oppo. They should save it in the folder of the game being played. Then, when they open the "selection" interface and choose "pbem" they'll see that choice.
12-21-2011, 10:25 AM,
(12-20-2011, 02:14 PM)Liebchen Wrote: Before we get all high tech and elaborate, reinventing the wheel and whatnot, let's try using the resources right here at the Blitz: https://www.theblitz.club/articles/Artic...show&id=95

thanks

that is a very good pbem article...

smurf309:)
12-21-2011, 11:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-21-2011, 11:56 AM by Liebchen.)
The guys who set up, maintain, and contribute to the Blitz website work very hard to provide us with a user-friendly place to meet all of our wargaming needs.

Here's to all of them! cheers
12-21-2011, 08:11 PM,
Surely enough I would be pretty reluctant to commit myself playing any PBEM games in any game system against a guy who is not committed enough himself - or just to lazy or , pardon my brute language; I have just had a few too many such losers vanishing on me and withdrawing from our games without a word - dumb to learn the ropes in terms of the very basics.

Glory to the hard core hard-boiled community.

Allright , I have just gotten myself carried away a bit ... Cheers.
12-22-2011, 10:06 PM,
(12-21-2011, 06:21 AM)Liebchen Wrote:
(12-21-2011, 05:19 AM)Witblitz Wrote: Looking at the PBEM tutorial in the above link, i see about 20% down the page there is a file listing for the receiving player to open the pbem file, BUt what I see there under the HPS folder is a folder called Leipzig.... Is that a old title, dumped title or secret club HPS game :). Ill pay top dollar to get it in...

I don't really understand this post.

Where do you see the folder called Leipzig? Aren't you trying to play a Panzer Campaigns game?

The *.bte file (for the PzC games, this is what it's called, it's different for the Nappy titles) should be emailed to the oppo. They should save it in the folder of the game being played. Then, when they open the "selection" interface and choose "pbem" they'll see that choice.

Lieb

Check the link - -there is a picture of the directory structure of the HPS folder, in that folder is a sub folder called Leipzig(same place where other game titles are stored)