• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

[ARCHIVED: Lapland War Mod - Downloads - Version 1.0]
12-07-2011, 01:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-01-2013, 08:47 PM by Crossroads.)
[ARCHIVED: Lapland War Mod - Downloads - Version 1.0]
[DOWNLOAD REMOVED. PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE LASTEST LWM VERSION AVAILABLE IN THE DOWNLOAD+INSTALLATION THREAD INSTEAD]

Without further introductions, and just on time for December 6th celebrations, .... here it is... Lapland War Mod - Version 1.0 !!!

[Image: pzivj2.jpg]

Making JTCS again a tad bit closer to perfection, it adds an Allied Finland OOB into game, making the Lapland War scenarios possible.

Some features:

- III Army Corps OOB as it was when it entered the war
- New units, including Combat engineers, Pz IVs, snipers, Anti-Tank Squads, ...
- A couple of fixes into existing units, including bicycles and infantry with correct unit types. No values changes on any exisiting units.

Please see the readme.txt for installation instructions, included in the zip below. Remember: please install to a separate file compared to vanilla EF. No warranties!

Any problems, irks or plain errors, please post here and I will try to fix them.

My speacial thanks to Jason Petho and Mike Amos a.k.a. Warhorse for their support. Without you this little addition would not have been possible!

A fun little test scenario is introduced on a parallel thread to this. Next, I will update my **Bitter Kuuterselka scenario into these proper units, then complete my other scenario on 1944 River Vuoksi battles.

After them, into Lapland War! Maybe the Sep 1944 German landing to Suursaari Island as first one, or maybe the Finnish Oct 1944 landing to city of Tornio in Lapland instead.

Time will tell... :smoke: Please feel free to create new scenarios with this mod! Anglo-French Expedition Force making it to Winter War? Now perfectly doable with Allied Finland and Axis Russia in the stock...

Enjoy! cheers

Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2012, 04:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2012, 06:32 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: Lapland War Mod - Version 1.0
[DOWNLOAD REMOVED. PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE LASTEST LWM VERSION AVAILABLE IN THE DOWNLOAD+INSTALLATION THREAD INSTEAD]

Did some work, updating the OOB into version 1.01. Mostly added some new historical regiment commanders, but did some minor tweking to organizations as well.

Change log:

ALL CHANGES APPLIED TO BOTH 05 AND 12 FILES

DIVISIONnn.OOB

(1) Using individual, historical regiments with historic leaders.

REGIMENTnn.OOB

(1) All regiments appear as historic, individual units.
Generic rgt continues to be available.

(2) Each regiment now contains a Combat engineer platoon + Engineer trucks
Motivation: Originally it was Jaeger Engineer Platoon + bicycles.
It seems original Jaeger Engineer was indeed meant to represent a Combat engineer platoon, the naming confused me.

BATTALIONnn.OOB

(1) 44 06 53 12 B1210603 7 2. Tank Battalion (Tk Bde)
- Two PzIV Coys
- Third Coy a StuGIII Coy

(2) Individual Jaeger Battalions with leaders, with moral reduced to 7

COMPANYnn.OOB

(1) 44 06 53 12 C0500692 7 PzKpfw IVJ Company 08 1944 (Tk Btln, Tk Bde)

- Found out all three platoons should be Pz IV platoons
- Two PzIV Coys
- Third Coy however a StuGIII Coy

Installation: simply copy-replace the previous .oob files with these ones. No changes to encrypted platoon files made.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-13-2012, 05:51 AM,
Got it, thanks man!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
05-13-2012, 06:19 AM,
Sure thing Mike! Wanna have a go?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-13-2012, 07:11 AM,
Sure, send one over!

Meine Ehre heisst Treue

05-13-2012, 07:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-13-2012, 08:01 AM by Crossroads.)
I will do that tomorrow! ** Across River Vuoksi.

Or maybe during the week. It IS Mother's Day tomorrow, at least in this part of world. Wargamin' might not be her ideal way to spend it... Idea2

Did you download the very first version. Please do it again, one of the files was corrupt in my first upload Doh
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-13-2012, 09:14 PM,
(05-13-2012, 07:59 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: I will do that tomorrow! ** Across River Vuoksi.

Or maybe during the week. It IS Mother's Day tomorrow, at least in this part of world. Wargamin' might not be her ideal way to spend it... Idea2

Did you download the very first version. Please do it again, one of the files was corrupt in my first upload Doh

Sounds good, I'll redownload again!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue