• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HPS new release 9 Dec 2011 -Tigers Unleashed
11-29-2011, 09:54 AM,
HPS new release 9 Dec 2011 -Tigers Unleashed
Not sure where this fits on the board - anyways, got this email awhile ago (today) authorising early release of info and pre-sales from your favourite vendors.

Quote:TIGERS UNLEASHED: Tactical Warfare in the East, 1939-42
Designed by Scott Hamilton with Jeff Lapkoff and Joseph Miranda

The Eastern front in World War II saw some of the most titanic battles in the history of warfare, from the German panzer thrusts deep into Soviet territory, through brutal street fighting in Stalingrad, to the Red Army's massive offensives against desperate Wehrmacht defences. Tigers Unleashed puts you in command of Axis and Soviet forces in actions ranging from company level fights up to division level combats.

Tigers Unleashed is part of the Tactical Studies Series, using the same system as Point of Attack, the Department of Defense sponsored tactical simulation of modern warfare, also designed and produced by HPS Simulations. The game system models each weapons system individually: tanks, small arms, heavy weapons, and even aircraft. These are then built up into larger units which conduct maneuvers and execute combat, the latter using a physics-based execution system for maximum fidelity.

Game units are individual vehicles, squads and platoons. These are organized into larger formations which conduct operations. Players can use one of the many scenarios provided with the game, or create their own via the game editor. Tigers Unleashed includes a table of organization which provides comprehensive formation up to division level for virtually every country which fought on the Eastern Front in World War II.

The game system also models leaders, morale, camouflage, command control, re-supply times, intelligence operations, friction, and many of the other non-material factors of warfare.

Features and Scenarios

Tigers Unleashed covers the opening two years of World War II on the Eastern Front, 1941-42, as well as the 1939 Polish Campaign and Winter War.

I'll get a page out there shortly, although it seems like all of my partners got merry at once. Big Grin
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2011, 10:29 AM,
RE: HPS new release 9 Dec 2011 -Tigers Unleashed
Merry is the season!

Thanks for the heads up!
11-29-2011, 10:38 AM,
Some screenshots.....
[Image: 741f0321e0TU_Scenario%20Editor.jpg]

[Image: cf0a8e61b6TU_Map_Voronezh.jpg]

[Image: 29f8aebf0dTU_Cover.jpg]

[Image: 8cdf8b66ecTU%20Jewel%20case%20tray.jpg]

[Image: 85bea954a3TU_Scenario.jpg]

[Image: d30632e357TU_Winterstorm_map.jpg]
11-29-2011, 02:41 PM,
A quote originating from me, as far as I know, "I don't know what it is, but I want it."
11-30-2011, 08:03 AM,
This is available for pre-order from NWS.
12-03-2011, 06:54 PM,
This game has been reduced to $59.95! Big Grin
12-09-2011, 08:34 AM,
SDC page update - posted the 2 updated documentation files for the series (the user manual and data viewer manual).

http://hist-sdc.com/spotlights/hps_tigers_unleashed.php

2nd tab ( user manual is a little under 20 mb). 493 pages - what I expect may be of interest is the Geomorphic Map Editor portion in Appendix A, which if I read it correctly is based upon the map creator that is planned on being used in ADC 3.0 (my paraphrasing of the user manual).

Bydand
Send this user an email