• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Engineers
10-31-2011, 09:22 PM,
Engineers

Would it be possible to have engineers cut rough roads through forest hex's?Or some kind of dozer unit with that ability?

Dragoon
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2011, 03:05 AM,
RE: Engineers
And, fit it within game scale?

cheers

HSL
11-01-2011, 03:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-01-2011, 03:44 AM by Kool Kat.)
(11-01-2011, 03:05 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: And, fit it within game scale?

cheers

HSL

I was thinking along the same lines? :chin: Big Grin

After that "brush up" in the thread about game scale... do we really want to go down this path again? :chin:

I see the trip wire... and I'm carefully stepping around it! :eek1:

Please...help us all? :(
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
11-01-2011, 04:11 AM,
(11-01-2011, 03:05 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: And, fit it within game scale?

cheers

HSL

Isn't the game scale what ever a designer makes it ??? I know Ed to some thats all that matters and to those people keep playing the games that are based on that fact. To people who want to design a scenario with longer time scale go ahead. I'm not going to argue the 6 min turn, its a arguement that can't ever be settled. I think the more units can do can make for some really good new options for game that are longer.
Just my thoughts on adding more to what units can do. I'm not really big on adding more units I think there's enough now. I don't want to see a carpenters units along with the wagons to make repairs on them so they can continue to move at regular strength.
11-01-2011, 04:29 AM,
(11-01-2011, 04:11 AM)Chuck10mtn Wrote: Isn't the game scale what ever a designer makes it ??? I know Ed to some thats all that matters and to those people keep playing the games that are based on that fact. To people who want to design a scenario with longer time scale go ahead. I'm not going to argue the 6 min turn, its a arguement that can't ever be settled. I think the more units can do can make for some really good new options for game that are longer.
Just my thoughts on adding more to what units can do. I'm not really big on adding more units I think there's enough now. I don't want to see a carpenters units along with the wagons to make repairs on them so they can continue to move at regular strength.

And than there are some who either "blindly" or "deliberately" stumble over the trip wire? :chin:

Chuck - for an enlightening discussion on game scale and what not (maybe you missed it?) - check out this recent CS thread:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=59800

Enjoy! Big Grin
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
11-01-2011, 04:36 AM,
Started to snow here today.

Jason Petho

Send this user an email
11-01-2011, 04:48 AM,
(11-01-2011, 04:36 AM)Jason Petho Wrote: Started to snow here today.

Jason Petho

Kool or is that cool? :cool2:
Send this user an email
11-01-2011, 04:57 AM,

Sounds like a no to me...Nice white tail buck on the ridge today after the snow fall.

Dragoon
11-01-2011, 05:27 AM,
I have lately become very pro-mod. A game engine being mod-friendly only enhances the life of the game itself. And that can only be a good thing.

I am all in for new units with new capabilites. They would only appear in new scenarios anyways, and no-one would be forced to try them.

New types of engineers creating roads? Why not. Engineers being able to create openings to hedgerows? I'll have two please. Engineers being able to plough snow from roads? Very handy in the winter!

I don't want to start a new game scale discussion, but I do not see any reasons for game being eternally frozen to current specs either.

If someone then wants to stretch the limits beyond most players feel comfortable I do not see anything bad happening bar that scenario not getting much games in its belt.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-01-2011, 06:11 AM,
Roads, no I don't think that's reasonable. There's a lot more to making a passable road, especially for wheeled vehicles, than cutting down some trees. Trails maybe, but not roads.