• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Weather Woes
10-30-2011, 09:43 PM,
Weather Woes
Friends, enemies, opponents,

Had quite the Nor'easter come through. Though, we only got a little over six inches of snow our power was out for most of yesterday. And, my house is now surrounded by broken branches and downed trees. It looks like a war zone just outside my door.

Needless to say, I will be getting turns done on a priority basis. Team Games first, tests second, and then regular play.

Sorry for the delay. This is the first my computer was able to be turned on since yesterday.

cheers

HSL
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2011, 09:53 PM,
RE: Weather Woes
Hey Ed!

Glad to read you and your family are safe... and hopefully your house suffered little damage from the storm?

Cleaning up yard debris and litter is one thing... having to deal with roof damage and major repairs is another? :chin:

Hang in there my friend! :smoke:

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
10-30-2011, 11:01 PM,
Keep safe & warm Ed !
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
10-31-2011, 12:30 AM,
Second that, glad you came through it ok
10-31-2011, 05:27 AM,
I'm out too. Just posted a long thread in the officer's area. I'll be offline for the near term. 19 inches on our town. No power, no water, heat. Not even cell service. Came into the office to use the bathrroms and to make sure we could find a way in.

Toni's the man for the next week or so.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
10-31-2011, 05:42 AM,
Take care you guys !!! Winter can be a b*tch especially if you do not take her seriously. I should know, I am from Finland.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-31-2011, 05:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-31-2011, 05:51 AM by fastphil.)
(10-30-2011, 09:43 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Friends, enemies, opponents,

Had quite the Nor'easter come through. Though, we only got a little over six inches of snow our power was out for most of yesterday. And, my house is now surrounded by broken branches and downed trees. It looks like a war zone just outside my door.

Needless to say, I will be getting turns done on a priority basis. Team Games first, tests second, and then regular play.

Sorry for the delay. This is the first my computer was able to be turned on since yesterday.

cheers

HSL

we got off lucky in SE CT. Mix with 4-6". Was fortunate we lost power and got it back 6 hours after. didn't have to fire up the new generator. This storm was made worse by the after effects of Tropical Storm Irene. It weakened alot of trees in its path. We lost power for five days during Irene but that was during summer. Now its cold with nights near freezing. Best wishes for those in the Northeast.

10-31-2011, 07:39 AM,
Downeast Maine rules..........about 1 inch and power loss of about 45 minutes........of course I am sure we will receive the proper payback as winter progresses.........hey!...wait! its still only fall.....winter doesn't begin for another 2 monthes :-(

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
10-31-2011, 11:22 AM,
Everyone here is safe. Thanks! :smoke:
No damage to the house.
More of my neighbor's trees came into my yard. Luckily not breaking my fence.
I've got a week or two of chainsaw work. Some of the branches are ten to twelve inches in diameter, and they look like fallen trees themselves. :eek1:Whip
Poor trees had leaves on them and they really got weighted down.
My dogs are not too happy either. :conf:
Some areas just got power back this afternoon. I guess we were lucky, indeed!

BTW, I am still working on normal game turns. Tests and team games have been sent.

cheers

HSL
11-01-2011, 06:14 AM,
Glad to hear everyone's doing more or less fine.

We had about 14" here, but only lost power for 12 hours or so. "Luckily" I lost a whole bunch of trees in Hurricane Irene, so there were no weak links for this storm.

Mike