• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Unit creation doc?
10-20-2011, 11:04 AM,
Unit creation doc?
Hey all, quick question. Anyone know of how the firepower and defense values are figured in this series? I'm trying to create a few units that don't exist, and can't seem to figure out the various firepower numbers. Some even aren't the same for the same vehicle in different countries? I saw the Pz IV with 17 and 41 for hard attacks!! But even the M1 abrams in MC only has a 38 whereas the Tiger I has a 52? Please help, is there some formula?

Mike
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2011, 11:36 AM,
RE: Unit creation doc?
I don't believe there is any overall reasoning to the values in general, outside of being reasonable in a specific game. So from game to game, the same "unit type" can have different ratings, but are consistent in that game. But in some, they might include non-hard factors, including unit doctrine maybe, or other examples, as you might see in Smolensk or Kharkov 42, where the German Panzers are uprated compared to an analysis strictly on the hardware being used. Plus most units, even the tanks, should be considered to have some kind of supporting arms - a US tank company might have a couple of jeeps and machine guns assigned, not generally in the front lines but sometimes.

So lots of factors, if you are adding units to a specific game, then use whatever base OOB/unit values you are tacking onto, and develop what you figure are reasonable values.

Now the VM ratings are consistent from game to game, I believe, and if you are using those ratings, I am sure VM would give you ratings for your units to tie them in well.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
10-20-2011, 01:30 PM,
Yes, basically the thing to do would be to pick the values that make sense in relation to the other values in the game. However, if you want the Alt database type values, then you should go to the forum at volcanomods.com and mention them there. No need to fill up the Blitz forums with such things. ;)
Send this user an email
10-20-2011, 07:22 PM,
Ahh, sounds good, Thanks Rick for your reply, and VM, I will do as you suggest!! Thanks again guys!!

Mike