• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Any takers for a teamgame?
10-06-2011, 07:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-06-2011, 06:16 PM by PawelM.)
Any takers for a teamgame?
Hi,

Myself and DrArturius are looking for commanders interested in a team game. We would like to play EFII scenario "Another lost victory". The scenario features XXXX Panzer Corps (14th and 24th PzDiv and 3rd SS PzDiv) and 5th Tank Army (2nd and 9th Guards Tank Corps, 13th Mech Corps and three artillery regiments) as the opponents. It is 50 turns I believe and the complexity is 10. We are thinking of playing team of 2 players, but as you can see from org chart there is a merit for 3 against three (i.e. one axis division or one allied Corps per player).

We both wanted to play Axis, so looking looking for 2-3 players for Allies and possibly another Axis player.

At the moment, the plan is for all optional rules ON ( this can be agreed in detail once we have enough players).

Looking forward to hearing from anyone interested.

Regards

Pawel
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2011, 06:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2011, 09:47 AM by PawelM.)
RE: Any takers for a teamgame?
If you are interested you can PM me or email at
pawel-m(at)o2.pl

I am wondering if it will be more difficult to find a person willing to team up with me or to find an opponent.

What an incentive do I need to offer to get more players? Maybe some cheers ;) Any hints welcome
10-07-2011, 07:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2011, 07:08 PM by PawelM.)
Dingoes it mean team games are not very popular? I suppose if you take. Few commanders with strong personalities, you might create problems witihn a team. Well, so does it mean no one want to try out their teamwork skills?

I never played one before, but I think this might an interesting experience. At the end of the day it simulate real battle situation where not all general shared the same skill level or tactcal approach.
I think this can be interesting. I am looking forward to recruiting more player for this game.
10-07-2011, 10:41 PM,
Pawel:

Team games require a huge time commitment and dedication... taking up to a year to play in some instances... and with players having to basically "clear" all their other PBeM games to focus exclusively on the team game. Invariably, there are delays as players deal with work, vacations, and other life "stuff." And, unfortunately, when a side starts losing... some players tend to "disappear"... and than more delays as folks try to recruit new players.

IMO, team games work best when players know and have played against each other in previous matches... have similar skill levels... and generally the "better" team game sides are with players who are friends with each other. Team games can be a fun and exciting gaming experience provided the above conditions are in place... AND players make a dedicated effort to stick with it for a long period of time. For me, I've tried team games... and don't care for them... as I would rather have several small-to-medium sized PBeM CS games underway against different opponents instead of one monster game.

I see that you recently joined the CS ladder? You may wish to get in a few more games against different opponents... before making the leap into team games? :chin:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
10-08-2011, 12:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2011, 12:30 AM by PawelM.)
(10-07-2011, 10:41 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Pawel:

Team games require a huge time commitment and dedication... taking up to a year to play in some instances... and with players having to basically "clear" all their other PBeM games to focus exclusively on the team game. Invariably, there are delays as players deal with work, vacations, and other life "stuff." And, unfortunately, when a side starts losing... some players tend to "disappear"... and than more delays as folks try to recruit new players.

IMO, team games work best when players know and have played against each other in previous matches... have similar skill levels... and generally the "better" team game sides are with players who are friends with each other. Team games can be a fun and exciting gaming experience provided the above conditions are in place... AND players make a dedicated effort to stick with it for a long period of time. For me, I've tried team games... and don't care for them... as I would rather have several small-to-medium sized PBeM CS games underway against different opponents instead of one monster game.

I see that you recently joined the CS ladder? You may wish to get in a few more games against different opponents... before making the leap into team games? :chin:

Hi
Thanks for sharing you thoughts. I have teamed up with DrArturius as he happens o be my good friend and we have been playin each other for two year before joining up at the blitz. I know very well his skill level as well as his availabilty and dedication. Based on that we decided to try finding opponents for a team game. Given this we hoped to find couple of guys which know each other a well as we do and would be interested in a game with us.

thanks

Pawel

pawel
10-08-2011, 01:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2011, 01:53 AM by PawelM.)
(10-07-2011, 10:41 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Pawel:

Team games require a huge time commitment and dedication... taking up to a year to play in some instances... and with players having to basically "clear" all their other PBeM games to focus exclusively on the am game. Invariably, there are delays as players deal with work, vacations, and other life "stuff." And, unfortunately, when a side starts losing... some players tend to "disappear"... and than more delays as folks try to recruit new players.

As for suggestion to play more opponents, now that you mentioned that, do you fancy a game with me :). Well I thought I would give it a go, any opportunity to get a game is good for me cheers .

Pawel

10-08-2011, 05:23 AM,
Hello Pawel,

I and good players would play the game against you. We want to take over as the team of two Russians. We have played the game before.
We live in Germany and it could possibly slight
Communication problems give the information only. We can play with all options, but I would VV
exclude because I do not know exactly what effect it has.
Kool Kat is right, a team game requires a lot of time and love
the game, 50 rounds can take almost a year.
If Kool Kat wants to play well, I can not unfortunately
translate exactly what is okay, of course, seek
I also have a third gamers to join our team.

many greetings

Peter / Panzerjaeger cheers

I hope all is well translated :bow:
Send this user an email
10-08-2011, 05:45 PM,
hi,

excellent. I agree that the game can take a while but I am prepared for it. I estmimate we should be able to complete 2-4 turns per 2 weeks. I am not sure if Kool Kat is interested, but I will see if he gets back to me in the next couple of days. VV off is fine with us ( I understand it comes into play only in some limited number of scenarios, i.e. Weather changes or day/night). We can leave this one out and have remaining optional rules on.

I will PM you shortly to arrange all the details and set up of the game. Looking forward to playing with you.

Pawel

10-09-2011, 04:41 AM,
Boisforas at your service for either side. [email protected]
10-09-2011, 05:30 AM,
Pawel, I would suggest you have a go at the team game. If you have a group of like-minded
people then you will find it entertaining to see other players' tactics and can still have individual
games going at the same time, while you are waiting for team game turns.
In my experience (nearly300 games) I have only had one bad experience playing a team game, the others were a complete, enjoyable experience.
If you play the game for fun,then you will get this.
Good luck matey!