• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Wishlist
07-25-2011, 06:11 PM,
Wishlist
When I discovered Ancient Wars series two weeks ago I noticed that the last patch was realised in 2010, something really odd for an excellent game. Perhaps if the commnunity could offer some ideas in this thread, the designers would start working again to improve it.

I will start:

1-I wish multiplayer PBM games (more than two players) could be a reality. At the moment it´s only possible in hotseat mode. Different players leading commanders would be great. Just imagine it in large battles :rolleyes:.

2-Of course random maps.
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2011, 05:29 AM,
RE: Wishlist
"the designers would start working again to improve it."

Then again, they may be working on the next title of the series. One never knows.
Al Amos
Start with God - the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning. - Proverbs 1:7 The Message
08-06-2011, 08:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2011, 09:15 PM by Pepe Botijo.)
More suggestions:

1-Perhaps using octagons instead of hexes would be better. At the moment it is a nightmare moving up-down and not very realistic IMHO.

2-A zoom for 3D graphics is neccesary, also an option to rotate camera.

I´m pretty sure these improvements would attract more people to the ancient wars series.

08-07-2011, 08:32 AM,
You can rotate map, which changes your viewpoint.
Al Amos
Start with God - the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning. - Proverbs 1:7 The Message
08-19-2011, 02:24 AM,
(07-26-2011, 05:29 AM)Al Amos Wrote: "the designers would start working again to improve it."

Then again, they may be working on the next title of the series. One never knows.

Gee. That's probably correct. :hissy::angry::(:eek1:
11-05-2011, 02:16 PM,
The design team have been looking at a 3D zoom out view but got distracted by development of a new game in the series Hopefully more news will appear soon.
11-05-2011, 02:48 PM,
(11-05-2011, 02:16 PM)Leonadis Wrote: The design team have been looking at a 3D zoom out view but got distracted by development of a new game in the series Hopefully more news will appear soon.

If the guys who already bought a game aren't interested this isn't going anywhere and you can have one zillion new titles. :conf:
11-06-2011, 11:07 AM,
Paul tends to follow Tiller's style by putting new features out with a new title, then retrofitting the older titles with the new features. So, a zillon new titles would be accompanied by a zillon new features (and probably several zillon.) :-)
Al Amos