• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

John Tiller Panzer Battles
07-08-2011, 07:36 AM,
John Tiller Panzer Battles
Any word on this title. I just hope its an eastern front game.
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2011, 07:41 AM,
RE: John Tiller Panzer Battles
(07-08-2011, 07:36 AM)general_solomon Wrote: Any word on this title. I just hope its an eastern front game.

From the site:
"Panzer Battle wargames fit in scale between Squad Battles and Panzer Campaigns, having 250 meter hexes and platoon units. Panzer Battle wargames are designed to focus on tank battle and ranged fire." ;)
07-08-2011, 08:03 AM,
Sounds like:

Panzer Battles: Campaign Series = Napoleonic Campaigns:Battleground Series
07-08-2011, 08:13 AM,
(07-08-2011, 08:03 AM)Liebchen Wrote: Sounds like:

Panzer Battles: Campaign Series = Napoleonic Campaigns:Battleground Series

BG series was 1000 yard hexes. :cheeky:
07-08-2011, 08:40 AM,
I thought the JTS site once had a screen shot on it from the series (which I can't currently find) - it looked like Germans vs British in the shot - and it struck me at the time to be one of those Michael Wittmann type of scenarios ...

However, don't know anything about the series other than what is posted on the site.

Personally I would rather have some desert action.
Bydand
Send this user an email
07-08-2011, 03:36 PM,
(07-08-2011, 07:41 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: From the site:
"Panzer Battle wargames fit in scale between Squad Battles and Panzer Campaigns, having 250 meter hexes and platoon units. Panzer Battle wargames are designed to focus on tank battle and ranged fire." ;)

IIRC, this is the scale of the AH Panzer Blitz / Panzer Leader board games.

Dog Soldier

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
07-08-2011, 11:00 PM,
This is the scale of Tiller's Talonsoft East Front/West Front games. The rights were sold to Matrix who are selling/updating it. Tiller would seemingly be competing with his old, still popular game which has had various code "upgrades." Would any improvements He makes to his new version at the probable cost of a graphics downgrade be worth it?
07-09-2011, 01:36 AM,
(07-08-2011, 03:36 PM)Dog Soldier Wrote:
(07-08-2011, 07:41 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: From the site:

IIRC, this is the scale of the AH Panzer Blitz / Panzer Leader board games.

Dog Soldier

I dunno, from that one screen of the game it looks like he is going to use the card system for each unit similar to squad battles series. He may throw in the old school 3d models.

with the tiller games I choose to forget about graphics and enjoy the gameplay.

this game was announce last year, I hope it comes out soon. I am sure he will improve on the campaign series.

wish someone from this team give us an update.
07-09-2011, 03:23 AM,
(07-08-2011, 11:00 PM)FM WarB Wrote: This is the scale of Tiller's Talonsoft East Front/West Front games. The rights were sold to Matrix who are selling/updating it. Tiller would seemingly be competing with his old, still popular game which has had various code "upgrades." Would any improvements He makes to his new version at the probable cost of a graphics downgrade be worth it?

These games were good! Especially the music! Big Grin:happy:
07-09-2011, 07:09 AM,
(07-08-2011, 11:00 PM)FM WarB Wrote: ... Would any improvements He makes to his new version at the probable cost of a graphics downgrade be worth it?

This is not an old game re-packed, it's a brand new game.