• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Screen Resolution
06-27-2011, 12:46 AM,
Screen Resolution
I play on a laptop with a high resolutionscreen; of course in 2D the units and hexes are very small but crystal clear. If I change the resolution to make the image larger, the appearance becomes slightly fuzzy - just enough to be a problem. I know I can go to 3D to play, but really I could prefer the appearance of the 2D map with the level 4 size...is there any way to magnify the 2D image at the same resoultion??

Thanks

Marquo
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-2011, 02:08 AM,
RE: Screen Resolution
Windows 7 has a built in magnifier uncer Accessories\Ease of Access. So do earlier windows versions, not sure of the path, though. It will magnify the screen either 200 or 300 percent. If you're using a Microsoft wireless mouse wth a side button, it can be set to toggle the magnifier. (Other brands may also offer this feature, but I'm not familiar with them.) Or you could some cheap reading glasses :rolleyes:

06-27-2011, 04:40 AM,
I'm using XP but it probably works the same in Windows 7. To use the magnifier perform the following procedure:

click Start>All Programs>Accessories>Accessibility>Magnifier

Hope this helps...:)
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
06-27-2011, 05:54 AM,
See you learn something everyday!

This is cool...Jon
06-27-2011, 06:20 AM,
That is pretty neat. I never knew about that either.

Thanks Gasbag!
06-27-2011, 07:03 AM,
You never stop learning, it's really useful
06-27-2011, 07:29 AM,
(06-27-2011, 07:03 AM)HarveyMoon Wrote: You never stop learning, it's really useful

The magnifier does not seem to allow easy use of the mouse pointer on the screen; this is what I finally did: go to your braphics card controlled and switch from Full Screen to Center or Preserve Aspect Ratio and do not use the Full Screen Option. This was you can use lower resolution, the symbols will not become distorted; and they will be larger; you will see a blck rim of unused screen around the image but the quality so much better. I am down to 1024 x 768 with preserved aspect ratio and it is so much better.

Marquo
06-27-2011, 08:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-27-2011, 08:51 AM by Sgt Jasper.)
Whether you can access those settings may be dependant on your graphics card and its software. I use 1024 x 600 for the games on a 15.1 inch laptop screen, changing no other settings, and it's very clean and sharp. Rarely need greater magnification. Different cards can produce different results. It also can be worthwhile to check and see if you have the latest drivers for the graphics card and all the software. Some laptop manufacturers don't package all the software available for a particular card; getting the full package may give you a wider range of settings.
06-27-2011, 02:22 PM,
(06-27-2011, 07:29 AM)Marquo Wrote:
(06-27-2011, 07:03 AM)HarveyMoon Wrote: You never stop learning, it's really useful

The magnifier does not seem to allow easy use of the mouse pointer on the screen; this is what I finally did: go to your braphics card controlled and switch from Full Screen to Center or Preserve Aspect Ratio and do not use the Full Screen Option. This was you can use lower resolution, the symbols will not become distorted; and they will be larger; you will see a blck rim of unused screen around the image but the quality so much better. I am down to 1024 x 768 with preserved aspect ratio and it is so much better.

Marquo

This worked much better...I found the original zoom was cumbersome to use in a large scenario...
06-27-2011, 10:17 PM,
(06-27-2011, 02:22 PM)larsonney Wrote:
(06-27-2011, 07:29 AM)Marquo Wrote:

Marquo

This worked much better...I found the original zoom was cumbersome to use in a large scenario...

I am not certain what worked better for you; if the Magnifier, how do you use the pointer?

Thanks