• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario #0917_09x Market-Garden - Additional Forces extended Campaign
06-21-2011, 12:39 AM,
Scenario #0917_09x Market-Garden - Additional Forces extended Campaign
Hello everybody.

I'd like to get out of the TOC boot camp and commemorate the third anniversary of my going crazy about the "Market - Garden" operation, acquiring a penchant for airborne warfare / vertical envelopment.

I'd also like to dedicate that enterprise to the designers & makers of the first wargame ever which enabled me to immerse myself into some practical exercise in wargaming "OMG" after I had read the remarkable "A Bridge too Far" by Cornelius Ryan about three years ago. What could be a better tribute to the great history and a great title than making it happen over & over again, keeping the story alive and the game present in playing?I have read lots of other publications on the subject and played every re-creation of the theater and operation available, but those first encounters are remembered the best I suppose.

I should be able to make a turn per day perhaps or every four days at worst so I think the game with its length is likely to be concluded in a year's or a year and a half's time. Even though I have palyed all of the shorter scenarios off the PzC "MG" and two thirds off one of the campaign scenarios I have never palyed in a PBEM mode before which should ever be an ultimate challenge for a wargamer that I would like to attempt now. Therefore I have a vague idea what the best options and settings would be and need to dicuss that in detail before the game begins.

Obviously I am looking for a German side player as an opponent.

PM or mail me, please.
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2011, 05:25 AM,
RE: Scenario #0917_09x Market-Garden - Additional Forces extended Campaign
(06-21-2011, 12:39 AM)burroughs Wrote: Hello everybody.

I'd like to get out of the TOC boot camp and commemorate the third anniversary of my going crazy about the "Market - Garden" operation, acquiring a penchant for airborne warfare / vertical envelopment.

I'd also like to dedicate that enterprise to the designers & makers of the first wargame ever which enabled me to immerse myself into some practical exercise in wargaming "OMG" after I had read the remarkable "A Bridge too Far" by Cornelius Ryan about three years ago. What could be a better tribute to the great history and a great title than making it happen over & over again, keeping the story alive and the game present in playing?I have read lots of other publications on the subject and played every re-creation of the theater and operation available, but those first encounters are remembered the best I suppose.

I should be able to make a turn per day perhaps or every four days at worst so I think the game with its length is likely to be concluded in a year's or a year and a half's time. Even though I have palyed all of the shorter scenarios off the PzC "MG" and two thirds off one of the campaign scenarios I have never palyed in a PBEM mode before which should ever be an ultimate challenge for a wargamer that I would like to attempt now. Therefore I have a vague idea what the best options and settings would be and need to dicuss that in detail before the game begins.

PM or mail me, please.

HI Burroughs!
More than happy to oblige, if you want an axis opponent...just email me at [email protected]... thx, Mark.
06-23-2011, 05:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2011, 05:18 AM by Peacenik.)
RE: Scenario #0917_09x Market-Garden - Additional Forces extended Campaign
Hi Burroughs,

I have just bought MG and I am playing one of the campaigns (no night sleep for XXX Corps, good weather, and flexible Polish drop). I wouldn't mind playing the Germans in a campaign situation. Tell me what you have in mind?

Peacenik

PM or mail me, please.

By the way, my email is [email protected].

(06-21-2011, 05:25 AM)wuwu25 Wrote:

PM or mail me, please.

HI Burroughs!
More than happy to oblige, if you want an axis opponent...just email me at [email protected]... thx, Mark.