• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Q: Ratings for British 6 inch How?
06-12-2011, 06:21 PM,
Q: Ratings for British 6 inch How?
Ok, well there is only a limited amount of space in the subject line Big Grin ...

What I am asking is- I know that there is a rating in some of the earlier PzC titles ( Sealion, and Ed's OOB's from his Compass add on) for a 6 in (gun I assume), however I have come across info regarding a unit that had both 6 in guns as well as 6 in howitzers.

I take the 6 in How to be this: http://nigelef.tripod.com/6inchsheet.htm

I guess the point being - since I can't seem to find a 6 inch gun - how different would the effects be in the context of 1940-41 PzC scenarios?

I am brainstorming an OOB issue.

Thx in advance.

PS- am staring at a map of the Derna area from 29th January and thinking ...
but nevermind that for now.
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2011, 12:47 AM,
RE: Q: Ratings for British 6 inch How?
I just emailed you some info.
06-13-2011, 09:26 AM,
Thx for that Chad.

What I'm also looking for - are there any PzC titles that are using British 6 inch howitzers?

After seeing a couple of images, I sort of recollect seeing image portraits in some title or other - so will start scanning over the titles with CW and/or UK troops and see what I come up with as well.

Bydand
Send this user an email
06-13-2011, 02:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-13-2011, 02:22 PM by Volcano Man.)
(06-13-2011, 09:26 AM)trauth116 Wrote: Thx for that Chad.

What I'm also looking for - are there any PzC titles that are using British 6 inch howitzers?

After seeing a couple of images, I sort of recollect seeing image portraits in some title or other - so will start scanning over the titles with CW and/or UK troops and see what I come up with as well.

The 6" howitzer was mostly only used in WWI. As a matter of fact, a version of the 6" howitzer appears in F14, the 6" Howitzer, 30cwt. In 1915 or so there was a 26cwt of the same. However, I do think the latter version does appear in some early war PzC titles.

Send this user an email
06-14-2011, 04:22 PM,
Thx for that Ed; so far I haven't found any in any of the titles that has British or CW troops (apart from France '14- although it does appear that I am looking for the 1915 model that you referred to). I should add in either stock of McNamara's db.

It is beginning to look like I might have to come up with the ratings myself at some point.

Bydand
Send this user an email
06-14-2011, 09:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-14-2011, 09:12 PM by Volcano Man.)
Ah, you want the ratings? Why didn't you just ask. ;)

6" Howitzers, 26cwt, Mk.I
HA: 5/10
SA: 18/10
Def: 6
Aslt: 3
Speed: motorized 10 / horse 4
type: (Heavy Artillery)

edited: typo
Send this user an email
06-15-2011, 01:30 PM,
I'm not used to things being made easy for me, Ed. :)

However don't let that get in the way of my gratitude :) Much appreciated.
Bydand
Send this user an email