• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Any RUSH Fans Out There
06-12-2011, 03:34 AM,
Any RUSH Fans Out There
Last night i went to the Rush concert here in New Orleans, man them guys are awesome, it's the 2nd time i have seen them in the past 2 1/2 yrs, if u get the chance it's well worth the $$$....cheers
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2011, 06:51 PM,
RE: Any RUSH Fans Out There
I saw them during their Moving Pictures tour...now I have to admit, I was just getting into the Punk scene and liked more "Alternative" music at the time but I had friends who loved Rush and I appreciated their music to a certain degree...man am I glad I went. It was probably the best concert I have ever been to. Those guys put on a show and are incredible performers and incredible musicians. (ended up picking up a few of their records after the show...it made me a Rush fan). Rebel is right, if you get a chance to see them it is well worth it.
06-14-2011, 04:17 AM,
I once saw them way back in the very early '80's when they were just one of many Canadian "power trios". To be honest, Geddy Lee's voice just bugged the :censored: out of me back then. It sounded like caterwauling. I've seen much more recent concert footage on TV and while they still don't appeal to me, I'll admit that Lee's voice is far less annoying; more mature.

To each his/her own I guess. One of my friends (we're both getting on to 50 years old now) is a serious KISS fan. One of the rooms in his new house is totally devoted to KISS memorabilia. Figurines, signed concert poster prints, etc.; you name it & he's probably got it. He's even got that set of limited edition KISS M&M candies that Walmart was selling 2 years ago. It took some doing but I managed to get that for him. I don't know how many times he's seen in concert them already but he's going to see them again this summer when they play somewhere around Sarnia, Ontario. I don't care for them but he likes them...
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
06-14-2011, 09:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-14-2011, 09:13 AM by Rebel__.)
(06-13-2011, 06:51 PM)gabeeg Wrote: I saw them during their Moving Pictures tour...now I have to admit, I was just getting into the Punk scene and liked more "Alternative" music at the time but I had friends who loved Rush and I appreciated their music to a certain degree...man am I glad I went. It was probably the best concert I have ever been to. Those guys put on a show and are incredible performers and incredible musicians. (ended up picking up a few of their records after the show...it made me a Rush fan). Rebel is right, if you get a chance to see them it is well worth it.

they do give u your money's worth, the other night they played for 3 1/2 hrs, no lead band just them and the drum solo's are something else.....
(06-14-2011, 04:17 AM)Gasbag Wrote: I once saw them way back in the very early '80's when they were just one of many Canadian "power trios". To be honest, Geddy Lee's voice just bugged the :censored: out of me back then. It sounded like caterwauling. I've seen much more recent concert footage on TV and while they still don't appeal to me, I'll admit that Lee's voice is far less annoying; more mature.

To each his/her own I guess. One of my friends (we're both getting on to 50 years old now) is a serious KISS fan. One of the rooms in his new house is totally devoted to KISS memorabilia. Figurines, signed concert poster prints, etc.; you name it & he's probably got it. He's even got that set of limited edition KISS M&M candies that Walmart was selling 2 years ago. It took some doing but I managed to get that for him. I don't know how many times he's seen in concert them already but he's going to see them again this summer when they play somewhere around Sarnia, Ontario. I don't care for them but he likes them...

Kiss is great too, i still know a couple friends who r like your friend, all into it.
06-14-2011, 01:54 PM,
Never realized the musical taste of the average CS player here was so terrible......:whis:
06-15-2011, 02:26 AM,
(06-14-2011, 01:54 PM)falco Wrote: Never realized the musical taste of the average CS player here was so terrible......:whis:

Like I said before, to each his/her own. Just because you don't like a particular type of music doesn't make it terrible. Just don't listen to it.:soap:
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
06-15-2011, 02:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-15-2011, 02:46 AM by falco.)
Nope, the fact of the matter is both Rush & KISS are just plain, flat out terrible........Big Grin
06-15-2011, 03:23 AM,
(06-15-2011, 02:45 AM)falco Wrote: Nope, the fact of the matter is both Rush & KISS are just plain, flat out terrible........Big Grin

well what band do u like, i like alot of rock n roll, i am not into the metal scene or the punk scene as much, from aerosmith to zz top there's a whole lot of good music
06-16-2011, 03:35 AM,
I grew up listening to rock (Pink Floyd, very early Aerosmith etc.) Went through a phase where I listened to Depeche Mode, Stranglers, The Cure, etc. in the '80's & alt (Nirvana, Pearl Jam) in the early '90's. Now that I'm older (late 40's) I listen to jazz mostly. It makes for good background music when I'm reading.

I will watch some of the early '80s videos if I hit upon one while channel surfing. The guys with the BIG hair & makeup (ie. Poison, Twisted Sister) make me almost :censored: my pants with laughter. Hard to believe we looked like that & thought we were cool!:eek1: Deconstructed wool suits, 5 O'clock shadows...all that Miami Vice crap. Never wore makeup or deconstructed wool suits myself but I did have sort of BIG hair once upon a time. Brings back some pretty friggin' :grin2: memories...
06-16-2011, 06:46 AM,
I like the Ronettes. In fact, most of the artists I like the best are dead. :conf:

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email