• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tigers
05-29-2011, 11:55 AM,
Tigers
I fired a QB-the first one-actually.Took the huns as a change-after playing the Road to Monterburg (sp?) american campaign.I spent a small fortune on buying a Tiger and 2 stugs as armor assets.After all,what's the fun in playing with the axis,if you don't have a Tiger,right? 10 minutes fast forward-my recon elements discover a platoon of M10 tank destroyers.I rush my Tiger just like in the glorious days of CM1 with the tank commander screaming from the top of his lungs: 'scratch my paint,if you dare'!About 20 seconds later while i was looking at the burning wreckages of what once was a proud Tiger and a stug i realized they dared Big Grin
Anyone else feeling the age of the (almost) invulnerable Tiger has come to an end with CMBN?
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2011, 12:26 PM,
RE: Tigers
Tigers are still a formidable obstacle, but I don't think you can rely on them to engage 76mm gunned tanks at close range and come out alright.
05-29-2011, 12:37 PM,
RE: Tigers
Quite right.
But i was referring more to the feeling of invulnerability rather than hard facts.Back in the days of CMBB the Tiger actually felt like an ubertank,even if-realistically speaking-you still had to worry about the russian armor (T-34/85,SU-88/100,IS2) and guns.That's why,i guess the Tiger could be seen in pretty much all QBs [where the timeframe allowed] and your heart stopped beating for a second when you saw an enemy Tiger in the distance.
Send this user an email