• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Challenge!
05-29-2011, 10:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2011, 10:58 AM by broadsword56.)
Challenge!
Greetings!
Seeking mature and reliable PBEM WEGO opponent for CMBN. I'm going to be wordy here, so you'll know what you're getting into and can see if you;d enjoy playing against me.

Preferred side: USA

Game type/scale: Scenario. Battalion-sized battles are my favorite. But I'm flexible on that. Two patrols bumping into each other at night can be a fantastic game. Historical scenarios are great. I like to have some overall sense of what this battle is "about" -- who's attacking or defending, and why? Is it a hasty attack or a setpiece action with preplanned barrages, etc.?

Preferred force mix: My ideal would be infantry vs. infantry with some agreed-upon supports (some armor, engineers, arty). Unless it's a meeting engagement (and I tend not to like those), the opposing forces should not be evenly matched -- Attacker should outnumber the defender at least 3:1 and maybe 6:1 if it's against improved positions.

Important things to know about me as an opponent:

*I NEVER disappear and always commit to finish a PBEM I've started, unless it ends early by mutual consent. If you're losing or getting bored, it's OK to surrender and I won't feel cheated if you want to end it, even if we've invested a lot of time in the game up until then. Just don't vanish.

*I'm a history buff and I play as realistically as possible. That means I take time to scout and do recon, cover my advances, use terrain advantages wherever I can, and preserve as many of my troops' lives as possible while accomplishing the mission. That means a battle against me will take its time to develop. There may be lulls in the action. You won't see me using gamey tricks or charging into your machineguns just to keep things exciting. On the other hand, if you set up a good defensive position I won't accuse you of "camping" or expect you to attack me if your forces wouldn't have done that in real life.

*I enjoy the "spectacle" of the game and the interplay of competing tactics. I honestly don't care that much about winning as long as it's a good well-fought game. I enjoy waging a stubborn crafty defense against desperate odds as much as I enjoy going on the attack.

*I enjoy communication with my opponent about the game as it progresses. I'm a good sport and you'll get compliments from me on a well-executed move, condolences when your plans fail, and "wow, did you see that?" messages when something cool happens and looks great on replay. So, I have the most fun with a sociable opponent. It's a little unsatisfying to me if the only thing my opponent says is hundreds of messages that just say "here's my turn -- your move."

Good luck!
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2011, 09:44 PM,
RE: Challenge!
I am no expert on tactics or history. But I enjoy this game and will not disappear. Maybe I can learn something from you. :). I'm up for any type of game. I'd prefer being on the defensive side. If you want to set up whatever type of game suits you and send me a setup, I'll give it a go. Have you ever used dropbox? If not just send me an email - [email protected]
05-29-2011, 10:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2011, 10:51 PM by togi.)
you can also send me , a QB , with mix force selection , I can play with Germans, small QB that I preferred, I can play ME, Defend or attack no problem
05-30-2011, 01:01 AM,
What is your email and i'll send a file
05-30-2011, 05:08 AM,
(05-30-2011, 01:01 AM)Sluggo337 Wrote: What is your email and i'll send a file

thayret at gmail .com
05-30-2011, 08:01 AM,
If your still looking for an opponent i would be keen.I would prefer we select our own units as the AI is a little wierd when it chooses.let me know.

Cheers
05-30-2011, 09:07 AM,
Broadsword, you look to be an honorable opponant. I will keep you in mind for future battles. You look a little full at the moment with opponants so I'll catch you some other time.
05-31-2011, 02:54 PM,
I'm fully committed to battles at the moment, but thank you all for the replies!