• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How do I destroy a captured gun?
05-14-2011, 09:20 AM,
How do I destroy a captured gun?
Hi Everyone,

On every occasion that I have assaulted with infantry a hex containing an AT gun or howitzer and either killed the crew/squads or run them out of the hex the gun remains intact and is un-crewed. I realize I could use the captured gun if I wanted but that isn't the case very often.

Since gun losses count towards victory points shouldn't there be a way the gun can be destroyed? Is there a way to do this?

I don't think the gun counts as captured for points either but I'm not positive on that one. I thought captured only reflects prisoners taken. I've never accomplished that either but that can be a different thread.

So, once again my question is how can I destroy a captured gun? I've been through the users manual several times and also perused the old sb forum posts but I'm not finding it.

Thanks,
Phil
Dog829
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it.
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2011, 06:08 PM,
RE: How do I destroy a captured gun?
As far as I know there is no way to destroy a gun.

And you're right, guns don't count for capture purposes.
05-15-2011, 02:08 AM,
Dog,

What title are you seeing this in?

I currently don't have any SB games going right now to easily check however, if I recall correctly when playing KW, I remember seeing the guns in destroyed status after I had to assault them and their crews.
05-15-2011, 09:58 AM,
(05-15-2011, 02:08 AM)Checkmate King 2 Wrote: Dog,

I currently don't have any SB games going right now to easily check however, if I recall correctly when playing KW, I remember seeing the guns in destroyed status after I had to assault them and their crews.

Gun destruction is random. Some times you just kill the crew and you can man the guns yourself. Big Grin
Send this user an email
05-15-2011, 10:36 AM,
(05-15-2011, 02:08 AM)Checkmate King 2 Wrote: Dog,

Primarily The Proud & the Few, USMC vs AI, Red Beach Two. The Japanese have a large number of 37mmAT and 75mm Field guns, mostly in bunkers but some not. I have taken all of them intact.
There were however two fixed naval guns that were destroyed when I took those bunkers out.
In Another Bloody Ridge on Peleliu, the first 37mmm AT in a cave I assaulted remained. This one came in handy though so I'm using it.

I believe I've also had it happen in RV and ES vs the AI, but not with the same frequency as with P&F.

In the relatively few pbem games I've played as the Russians I have managed to take out some of my opponents 75mm field guns and they were destroyed by assault. Don't know about AT guns though since I can't recall ever taking one out.
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it.