• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: What did you think of "Tank Graveyard at Minsk"?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Liked it a lot
47.37%
9 47.37%
Liked it somewhat
21.05%
4 21.05%
Did not care about it too much
10.53%
2 10.53%
Hated it
5.26%
1 5.26%
Played it, but don't remember it too well
5.26%
1 5.26%
Have not played (yet)
10.53%
2 10.53%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Scenario of the Month - April 2011: Tank Graveyard at Minsk
04-02-2011, 12:35 AM,
Scenario of the Month - April 2011: Tank Graveyard at Minsk
Nominated by Wolfman, this month's Scenario of the Month is "Tank Graveyard at Minsk"

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/Camp...0&ladder=2
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2011, 02:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-06-2011, 02:29 AM by Otto von Blotto.)
RE: Scenario of the Month - April 2011: Tank Graveyard at Minsk
Great scenario, very well balanced and a lot for fun either side. With a large map it has many options for routes of attack and defense positions. Some great ambush and counter attack areas make it truly nail biting at times although it could do with some more infantry for both sides as they are a little thin on the ground.

An all time favorite and one I would continue to play time and again. cheers
05-09-2011, 08:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-10-2011, 10:28 AM by Scud.)
Just finished this and have had my memory refreshed. This is an evenly matched scenario where each side rushes to take and hold the objectives on their side of the map, Soviets in the east, Germans—west. I was the Soviets and went first, advancing west as far as I felt safe, then setting up ambushes and hoping my opponent wouldn't stand for a static "draw" match, which is the probable outcome between two very cautious opponents.

I remember playing it years ago and most of the action took place in the north. In this game, almost all took place in the south. I can easily see a game taking place right down the middle. Lots of options.

As you would guess, very little in terms of artillery and infantry. It's all about the tank.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
09-08-2011, 09:51 PM,
(04-06-2011, 02:28 AM)Otto von Blotto Wrote: Great scenario, very well balanced and a lot for fun either side. With a large map it has many options for routes of attack and defense positions. Some great ambush and counter attack areas make it truly nail biting at times although it could do with some more infantry for both sides as they are a little thin on the ground.

An all time favorite and one I would continue to play time and again. cheers

Totally agree. A very enjoyable one with plenty of options on both sides. In my view this makes it the one I could play many times with good chance every time it can play out differently.
09-11-2011, 08:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-11-2011, 09:08 AM by DrArturius.)
Amazing and incredibly well designed scenario
well balanced makes it one of all time best scenario in the game

either side it makes it next to impossible to play the same games
there will allways be something to surprise You

great fun and a bit of chess game in it
the better opening the better the game
:):bow:[/font]