• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tunisia 40 Scenario Preview
03-21-2011, 01:59 AM,
Tunisia 40 Scenario Preview
Hi fellows.
I'm working in a scenario about the hypothetical invasion of Tunisia by the Italian army in 1940. Based in a TOAW III Scenario almost everything is done and expect a release soon. Let's see some screenshots:

Here you can see the Italian army ready to advance :

[Image: 2nv9c8w.jpg]

And here's a pic of the Mareth Line in 1940:

[Image: 2vd5qw3.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2011, 03:48 AM,
RE: Tunisia 40 Scenario Preview
Interesting...keep up the work!
03-24-2011, 11:32 AM,
Put me down as interested as well... of course you know where this leads... the hypothetical British counter offensive from Egypt (the Pre-Compass, Compass). Could the Italo-Libyan forces achieve their objectives in French Tunisia and then redeploy eastwards in time to prevent losing Cyrenaica.

(Which amounts to basically having played out similar strategies in War in Europe on a table top yonks ago...) anything to avoid attacking Greece in the Autumn, in an area of Europe with fairly poor infrastructure.

I'll be looking for it.
Bydand
Send this user an email
03-24-2011, 05:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-24-2011, 07:07 PM by P.Ako.)
(03-24-2011, 11:32 AM)trauth116 Wrote: Put me down as interested as well... of course you know where this leads... the hypothetical British counter offensive from Egypt (the Pre-Compass, Compass). Could the Italo-Libyan forces achieve their objectives in French Tunisia and then redeploy eastwards in time to prevent losing Cyrenaica.

I'll be looking for it.

Thanks, i've not thougt about the consequences of this battle, but i think that if they had launched this operation, maybe the tenth army would have not launched the september offensive into Egypt and they would take a defensive stance trying to repel (unsuccessfully) the British offensive, and from there i think that the situation in North Africa would have continued as historically did.

BTW, here's another screenshot of the updated Mareth line in 1940:

[Image: sfcifb.jpg]

and i also wrote a description for the scenario:
scenario description Wrote:Tunisia: June 10th 1940 11:00: Only some hours after the Italian declaration
of war against the Allies the Italian 5th Army stationed in Africa receives orders of
advance towards the French Colony of Tunisia in order to hold the whole colony.
The Italians with their superior but poorly trained forces must hurry to seize
the most important ports and airfields of Tunisia or at least destroying the Mareth Line before
the capitulation of France arrives. Following orders of Italo Balbo, they must copy
the German Blitzkrieg, advance fast and make an inteligent use of the paratroopers.
The French, with their even worse trained (in most of the cases) troops must hold the
attack until the armistice. At least they have better tanks and can use the land in their
advantage.
Intended for HtH. Special thanks to Volcanoman for his permisson to use his artwork from France 40.

BTW it's almost finished and maybe i'll be able to release late today after work...
03-25-2011, 06:01 AM,
Hmmm...Italians copying German blitzkrieg tatics (effectively)...sounds far-fetched!!