• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Modern War opponents wanted
03-18-2011, 09:49 AM,
Modern War opponents wanted
Ok so the general thinking out there is that in modern war the scenarios are by and large imbalanced toward the U.S. side.

Meaning its fun to play for the historical aspect but not balanced or fun for H2H pbem play.

I don't neccessarily buy into that thinking yet.

I think there are some scenarios that are imbalanced - but having played all but 5 or 6 of the pbem games at least once as the U.S. side, it seems that most are actually pretty well balanced.

But I'd like to test that theory out:

If you're a modern war player and eager to play the U.S. side send me a mail i'll take on the opfor enemy side for all but the most imbalanced of the scenarios.

Optional Rules:
Quality Loss Modifier
Vehicle Fireover
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2011, 02:40 AM,
RE: Modern War opponents wanted
Balance is always in the eye of the beholder, of course.

When playtesting MW, we tried very hard to keep the games within a scoring range to enable the non-US forces to 'win'. This may mean they still take a beating, but if the US can't score enough, they'll lose.

Asymmetric warfare isn't easy to simulate, but I believe that Joao did a fantastic job in making scenarios that were not only balanced in terms of winning/losing, but very much fun to play. A lot of compromises had to be made, but the end result was a fantastic game.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply